Which Way to Go

mdsheely
10+ year member

I need help deciding what to do with my new equipment. I recently purchased two kicker L7 15" Dual 2 OHM subs. These are in a cheap flea market ported box(Not sure tuning or CU. FT). Two Kicker sx1250. One Scosche EFX EDC1700 battery.

All of this is in an 01 Cadillac Deville. I have it all installed. 0/1 Kicker Hyperflex Power wire and Ground on both batteries going to a kicker dist block, with 4 ga feeding both amps. 8 Guage speaker wire wiring each sub down to 1 OHM, 1 per AMP. This is being driven by a Clarion MVD385 Touchscreen head unit.

This system is loud. It pounds(well at least by my estimation).

So here goes my question. Should I try and build a box for both subs? I am not sure I have the room. If I should try and build the box, should I go ported? Should I go sealed? Should I sell one sub and amp and only one run in the right sized box? I am open to suggestion. Look forward to hearing answers.

Thanks,

Bump

Any thoughts?

Open to suggestions.

Also, has anyone ever heard of an epicenter 160? someone I know has one for sale. How much are they worth? What do they do?

I'll go out and take some now.. the install isnt the prettiest(yet). Gotta do some work to it.. Just kind of put it in there for grins... Also, it sound's okay.. gotta do my highs.. it's just that I always read about putting the sub in the right box.. well I dont think I have the right box. I mean it sounds okay, it pretty much beats the car to death.. was just looking for some direction.

BRB going to take pics..

Thanks,

Here are the pics.. not the prettiest..

Amp1.jpg

Amp2.jpg

Amps.jpg

Battery.jpg

Car.jpg

Car2.jpg

Headunit.jpg

Subs.jpg

Here are some of my other vehicle..my pickem up truck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

IMG_0161.jpg

Sorry, I know that's alot of pics... I get paste happy..

Nope those are L7's.. and no thanks.. I do not want to sell the amps.. So no one has any suggestions on box size, tuning, general setup, nothing?

I really want to try and build my own box. My pop's recently purchased a table saw, jointer, and planer. So i have all the tools, just need assistane with design.

Ne thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Have you posted those pics of that truck before? Looks familar for some reason.

I say build your own custom ported box, but would be quite large I imagine.

Like others have mentioned, if you like it now and are happy with it, then slam away!

yes sir..posted them bout a year ago. Another guy in texas has **** near the same truck with the same rims also.. I have been reading this forum since about 2002. I had another screen name(99 concorde). I rarely post though. Just like reading every now and then. I can remember the when eD came out and everyone thought it was the best ever..when everyone only taked about adire(brahma) and RE was new..lol...showing my age I guess...

edit: oh yeah, If I decide to build my own box, how big? tuned to what? I need help with the box building thing..I really wanna try but dont even know where to start..

Thanks man.. gonna have to do some reading..can't wait to start building my new enclosure and amp rack...

I got the subs for 320 total with the box and the amps were 500 total. Paid 200 for the battery. What are your thoughts on these prices? Pretty good? I thought I did pretty well..

I 'm not sure if you got a good price or not, but i do like those amps.

I'm more into SQL, so for me kicker isnt the way i would go.

for the battery yes i think thats a good price, batteries are getting expensive.

are you going to deaden your trunk????

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mdsheely

10+ year member
mdsheely
Indianapolis,IN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from