Options to get sub box out of trunk

Participant count
  • Participant list

Marlinsfan

I've completed the stereo upgrade in my new 2014 Toyota 4Runner. The only pending thing is I would like to get the sub box out of my trunk as it takes up too much space. My truck has the third row so the JL Stealthbox is not an option.

There is one version of my car that has a built in 8" sub mouted on the side of the trunk. One option is for me to find someone selling one (dealer wans $900 for the thing), which IMO is probably not going to sound great anyways.

Another option is to buy a powered small sub and put it under the seat. Something likt his:

Amazon.com: Kenwood KSC-SW11 Compact Powered Enclosed Subwoofer: Car Electronics

How much less will this sound when compared to my 12" sub in a box? I listen mostly to classic rock. Is this a huge downgrade?

A third option is to find someone to fabricate a box I can put in the same place the OEM sub goes, but perhaps maybe I can fit a 10" or 12". Anyone have any contacts?

Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.