options for sub enclosure placment

Participant count
  • Participant list

inferno1985
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
alright well we all know that having the subs facing the rear and closer to trunk lid will make it sound beter. but ive also tried placing them as far back as possible right behind the seat. the sound is lower less bassy. if i moved the box maybe 10 5 inches form the back seats and built a fake " trunk lid"/ wall 5 inches from front of the bx would it have the same effect as having them as close to the rear of the trunk? or would i still get some kind of cancellation of sound waves.

im bassically trying to keep trunk space as possible. but also trying to keep that hard hitting deep bass tone as well

Good question. I feel if you made this "wall" it would have to very form fitting. If there were big openings that werent walled/sealed off id expect there to be cancellation.

this would be typical subs facing rear of car.

and yea. so basically i am trying to creat 2 trunks in my trunk for 2 reasons..

1 save room that way i can still haull groceries or whatever that may fit in the xtra roo.

2 that way i can still possibly have the same effect of having the subs closer to the rear . and also improving that rattle the subs cause on the rear of the trunk lid.

ive dynomatted my whole trunk but with 3000 watts of bass there is nothing you can do to stop that rattle.

save room and lessen the rattle of trunk is my main reasons for this. and wonder if it has ever been done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.