Sound Quality build with Precision Power PC 2350 and PC 450

Participant count
  • Participant list
I recently got my hands on a Precision Power PC2350 and a PC450 and looking to do a Sound Quality build.

Precision Power PC 2350 (underrated)

350 watts RMS x 2 @ 4ohms

700 watts RMS x 2 @ 2 ohms

1400 watts RMS bridged @ 4 ohms

Precision Power PC 450

50 watts RMS x 4 @ 4 ohms

100 watts RMS x 4 @ 2 ohms

200 watts RMS x 2 @ 4 ohms

4.2cuft custom ported box with 1.5" baffle tuned @ 32Hz

I need a decent head-unit but more worried about speakers and subs to match the amps.

I'm looking at going with 2 FI Audio SSD 12" subs. I talked FI and they recommended that I soften the subs some and get internal leads because my amp puts out just over 1600 watts RMS. Has anyone ever soften the sub and does it make any difference? I'm also open to other subs. I am looking for good SQ and able to hit low notes.

Thanks for your help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.