Opinions Please..

Jeridan

Hello everyone,

I'll just start off by introducing myself, I am a husband and father of 3, although I think I will forever be just a big kid myself. I am currently deployed to Iraq hence I am asking your opinions else I would listen to these and form my own opinion granted I could actually find the particular woofers to listen to. I went on you tube and found sound clips of them but I am sure the video camera mic's dont do either one justice. First off, being a soldier with lots of gear to tote around and a family man, I want to conserve as much space as possible. Second I wanted to keep the price reasonable so which out of the RL-i8 and RE 10 SE do you think will produce get loud and go low while still sounding clean better? I don't care for that "twang" sound you come too when it sounds like the sub has lost control and instead of playing the music now sounds like the music is playing it, if that makes any sense too you? You might say well just go for the RL-i10 but at $215 a pop it's a bit more than I want to spend and would probaly raise an eyebrow or two with the lady. I found the RL-i8 for $165 new online and the RE 10 SE for $125 new. I am just trying to get the most bang for my buck but trying not to scrape the bottom of the barrel either. BTW I was thinking of a ported enclosure with only one sub. So if ya don't mind, opinion's fellows?

i get the RE personally, but the type R is also pretty inexpensive and gets pretty loud i have one and its all i need just my .02

id say when u get back get a used sub off another member who is trustworthy enough to you. best way to get more bang for you buck

first off, thanks for the service! second my vote would go to the re. I don't know if your intrested, but I have 3 rockford p1 8" that I will give you, (you pay shipping) My way of saying thanks for serving.

id say when u get back get a used sub off another member who is trustworthy enough to you. best way to get more bang for you buck
yea thats also a good way, but imo i stay away from the Rockford Punch series not ragging on the guy with the p1s just my opinion

Thanks for the opinions guys. BTW it's not what he offered but the gesture that counts and I thank you for it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

What about the new SI BM shallow mount sub? 500rms and can go in 0.7cft enclosure. Will be selling for 179 a pop. That might be something to look into.

Great reputation from their other subs and Nick is a good dude, who could answer any questions you have.

Head over to SI's forum and peep them.

Stereointegrity.com

Thanks for the service as well and good luck.

Hello everyone,
I'll just start off by introducing myself, I am a husband and father of 3, although I think I will forever be just a big kid myself. I am currently deployed to Iraq hence I am asking your opinions else I would listen to these and form my own opinion granted I could actually find the particular woofers to listen to. I went on you tube and found sound clips of them but I am sure the video camera mic's dont do either one justice. First off, being a soldier with lots of gear to tote around and a family man, I want to conserve as much space as possible. Second I wanted to keep the price reasonable so which out of the RL-i8 and RE 10 SE do you think will produce get loud and go low while still sounding clean better? I don't care for that "twang" sound you come too when it sounds like the sub has lost control and instead of playing the music now sounds like the music is playing it, if that makes any sense too you? You might say well just go for the RL-i10 but at $215 a pop it's a bit more than I want to spend and would probaly raise an eyebrow or two with the lady. I found the RL-i8 for $165 new online and the RE 10 SE for $125 new. I am just trying to get the most bang for my buck but trying not to scrape the bottom of the barrel either. BTW I was thinking of a ported enclosure with only one sub. So if ya don't mind, opinion's fellows?
So your station is Ft Bliss? i did 12 and got out ...but if the wife can be supportive of you been in the sand box i am sure she would understand you spending some money on sound stuff for the ride...i would go with the RE sub but there are lots of other options and as long as the amp and sub are a good match you dont have to worry about the 'Twang' sound thats usually subs with little power or too much and kids that think the gain control on the amp has to be all the way up. so the best would be to keep researching as much as you can ...the type of car also has a lot to do with the performance of the sub ...4 door medium sedan,big SUV , small hatchback...

Thanks for the advice and warm welcome guys. Good to see more fellow soldiers here:D

Well I decided to go ahead and get the RE 10 SE and I got a Kicker ZX750.1 to push it with. Should I be worried about this amp giving the Sub too much power? I have read that the RE can take well over its 600 RMS, but I have also read that the Kicker puts out well over it's rated 750.

Well now it seems all is left for me to do is build a box for it when I get home which I must admit seems a little daunting. I have never really built one before and am not really sure how you tune the box's hertz and all this. Any suggestions as far as to that? This will be going into the back of my brand new MazdaSpeed 3 and as I said before space is a concern beings I am a family man and have ALOT of gear to tote around. This part I would really like to get right as I have read on here that a good box will make the Sub and a bad one break it so to speak... Thanks Guys!

Any idea when you're rotating home?

As mentioned the SI BM would be a great solution for you. Tiny enclosure requirements and SI has an excellent reputation for building excellent sounding subs that can get pretty loud when asked to. It also wants a sealed box which makes construction easier for you when the time comes since you don't have to worry about the tuning.

In some ways I'm in the same boat as you, currently in Afghanistan and trying to piece together a system for the new truck I'm buying when I get back. My dilemma is figuring out what front speakers I want and whether I can fit 8s or only 6.5s in the front doors...

Keep your head down and come home safe.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.