Opinions On Setting Up 2 HeadUnits?

Participant count
  • Participant list

swank
10+ year member

Need Electronics?
Internet
I recently purchased an lcd screen and mp3/dvd player. I modded my dash and created a slot and retainer for the dvd player. Im wondering what my best route would be for this.

1) Wire both cdplayer and dvdplayer wires together then into harness, run seperate grounds to the chassy for each. Use y cables to split the preamp output to both HU's.

2) Wire up my dvdplayer and run rca's from my cdplayer into my aux input.

I know i shouldnt rn into any issues with option 1) though just wondering if i should run any extra relays or wire things a bit different.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks Jellyfish420, theres got to be another way to wire it without going that route. Ive got something else id like to use on my aux input. Any other ideas, anyone?

I wired it up via 1) and automatically knew that wasnt going to work as i was only able to get music out of the dvdplayer and when attempting to use my cdplayer all i was getting was bass. The only thing that I could think to do would be to wire in a switch and toggle it back and fourth whenever i wanted to use each other. I do know its most likely throwing back in some nasty feedback as you can tell with the clarity and alternator whining.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.