opinions on R. Fosgate punch z subs

I dont understand how people can destory a system in a few monthes I mean if your that incapable of hookin up a system them dont do it take t so where it will pay off when you blow em and if i were you i would just buy them like at best buy with the few year warrent and when they blow get new ones but the punch zs will be fine just dont over power them most people put like 200rms into them and thast the problem they have trouble handling 100 let alone 200.

I have heard 2 tens of the punch z's and they can hit ok... but there are definately better subs (even if you only get one) (other rockfords are much better also)

only thing to watch out for about best buy's replacment plan is if you blow them more than a couple of times corporate office will call you and cut you off. i know this b/c one of the manager's always laughed when i would bring an HE back every 3 weeks or so b/c i blew it when i was running my bd1000.1 on 2 of them giving them well over there 400watts max rating and didn't care b/c i knew they sounded like crap and could blow them and replace them. anyway's he told me if i was a regular customer they only give like 3-5 swap outs before they cut you off due to customer abuse. just thought i would give out that warning for ya buddy.

adam

Originally posted by bumpin_blazer only thing to watch out for about best buy's replacment plan is if you blow them more than a couple of times corporate office will call you and cut you off. i know this b/c one of the manager's always laughed when i would bring an HE back every 3 weeks or so b/c i blew it when i was running my bd1000.1 on 2 of them giving them well over there 400watts max rating and didn't care b/c i knew they sounded like crap and could blow them and replace them. anyway's he told me if i was a regular customer they only give like 3-5 swap outs before they cut you off due to customer abuse. just thought i would give out that warning for ya buddy.

adam
thats pretty funny how many did u go threw

i got a friend that bought them from best buy, and he also bought a rf amp...i don't remember what it was it was something low like 200-400, i dunno...but i wouldn't recomend them.

i put my system in first week of june last year and had that setup or a RF setup through like feb. of this year. i would say for the first 4 months i went through 1 every 2-3 weeks so i would say at least 2 dozen total woofer's.

adam

I got 2 Zs running off a JBL 180.At first I loved them until I realized how good other people's systems sounded compared to mine.But I did spend a whole lot less than other people around here did.They don't really sound that good but I guess they sound ok for the money.All my friends were impressed with them but I want some new subs BAD.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.