Opinions on possible car purchase

TOO cheap lol... im sorry but carfax dosent have everytihng... lol i can get buddys to help me with problems. I RECOMMEND take it too a BMW certified tech, since that car is all abotu computers. NOW if u get a european car remember that maintence is EXPENSIVE. one reason i didnt get my 99 Auido A6, since i saw what the future was gona turn intoo if something broke or is needed replacement

Not sure if you bought it or not yet, but here are some things to consider.

1 1993 325i is the first year of the E-36 body. While the E-36 developed into a super reliable car the first model year had a ton of electrical/computer problems that can be expensive if they weren't already taken care of.

2. Parts for it can get very expensive and finding the right tech to work on it is critical.

3. On a good note 87k miles is nothing to that car I have seen many well over 300k that just keep on going.

when you get it checked out pay close attention to the front suspension, doesit make a popping sound goingover bumps, look closely at the front control arm bushings for tears thermostat housing for leaks.

Tie-rod, control arm for 2001 Honda civic; $55.Tie-rod, control arm for 1996 Audi a4; $390

If you're not mechanically inclined, make sure you can afford to maintain the car.

I'll be honest though, those 3 series are some of the only cars that still catch my eye on the road. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Kick Panel for a Toyota avalon..75 bucks

Sun Visor...100 bucks

Small ass trim piece that you step on getting into the car....75 bucks

Mirror contol switch!!! 150 bucks!!!

Push Pin 2.50 each!!!

This is a little of what ive had to replace on my car...costed about 5-600 so far......ITS NOT CHEAP!!!

I live in Queens, its part of the 5 boroughs but I still need a car to get around where I need to. If I lived in Manhattan, that would be another story.
If you lived in Manhattan likely your car budget wouldn't be limited to around 4 large //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.