Opinions on Hifonics Brutus Amps

they are different. idk what crack you're smoking. at one time i ran the crap out of hifonics. after '10 i wouldnt touch them. the onyx amps brutus amps etc all of them. my final straw with them was seeing a setup Josh did with 3 r 12s in a blowthrough on a 1700 get whooped by my 2 12s on a 2k with less electrical upgrades than him and in the trunk backseat installed. . I will never stand by the new stuff like i used too.
wow...the sound difference between 2 completely different systems made you swear off Hifonics? They are efficient and produce the power they claim (within a very respectable +/- 10% of rated)....what more could you possibly ask for for the $?

wow...the sound difference between 2 completely different systems made you swear off Hifonics? They are efficient and produce the power they claim (within a very respectable +/- 10% of rated)....what more could you possibly ask for for the $?
ive ran them for years. swore by them. til i got their new stuff. its junk. You can ask anyone i compete with. i was running the shight out of them. got the new amps they were poo i thought it was my particular build switched back and gained. then i had 2 people who i can vouch for have the same issues. All in all it hurts me to say it but the apsm>brz1700. i want to kill myself now but if budget is an issue it is what it is. hell the glx line is half decent. get those.

ive ran them for years. swore by them. til i got their new stuff. its junk. You can ask anyone i compete with. i was running the shight out of them. got the new amps they were poo i thought it was my particular build switched back and gained. then i had 2 people who i can vouch for have the same issues. All in all it hurts me to say it but the apsm>brz1700. i want to kill myself now but if budget is an issue it is what it is. hell the glx line is half decent. get those.
I think the GLX it what the brutus used to be, I just don't like the fence material on the heat sink look. *shrugz*

apsm>brz1700, WHY? I'm sure you've seen more people on the forums having problems with the apsm? I've never had any problems with Hifonics, but have had problems with Audiopipe amps. Hifonics performs well imo and have my ears ringing. If they both were free, I'd take the brz1700 all day long!

apsm>brz1700, WHY? I'm sure you've seen more people on the forums having problems with the apsm? I've never had any problems with Hifonics, but have had problems with Audiopipe amps. Hifonics performs well imo and have my ears ringing. If they both were free, I'd take the brz1700 all day long!
i just stated my opnion. if it was mb quart dsc vs apsm dsc all the way. the new 1700s just arent good.

dont know about the brutus amps but i have the zeus200.2 and got no issues out of it, also got a new onyx 1500.1, & onyx 4.60, no issue out of either. the amps do get a little hot but havent went into protect at all, slap some fans around them and vwallah... they may not be top of the line but hell, for the money you cant beat it. if your concerned about them breaking, just get an extended warranty. think my 3 year on the onyx cost me an extra 23 bucks at SonicE.

I've been running an older MB Quart PAB 1200.1 in the wife's minivan for over a year now. And before that it was in my hotass trunk for a couple years in the Tulsa heat. It's never had a problem.... I'd try another Maxxsonics amp in a heartbeat. Just my .02

neither have i. they just dont preform is all.
Both of mine do rated..at least at 2 ohms.

After box rise, I had a 2.2 ohm load and they both did well over rated.(BRZ2100.1's)

Now I do have a Zxi 2ch....not to thrilled with the SQ though...

efficient ,not hardly ,less than 74 % at 4 ohms .power wise yea close too rated ,but not built to last like they used to be .for me no way .but if you want cheap power ,i'd buy these before audiopipe .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.