Opinions on Hifonics Brutus Amps

Yeah I used to own 2 1200 Brutus amps an ran them to a pair of Olympians and they are solid amps deff do rated power hifonics actually really isn't a terrible company a lot better then what ppl give them credit for

No experience with new editions, but as GAMEOVERCCA said, the BXI series will make power and take some abuse. I had a BXI2006d for about 4 years @ .5 ohm and it is still playing to this day (somehow, as the guy i sold it to put it in a newer monte carlo trunk on 6 12" cvr... on horrible electrical... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif )

old school Brutus amps are very nice! i was looking into purchasing a used 1600 for my setup, but settled on a Diamond Audio D1000.1 (1100 watts @ 1ohm) and i am very happy with it. i don't mean to go in the wrong direction - but the Diamond Audio amp produces very clean sound. picked up a LNIB one for $170 shipped.

back on track - old school Brutus amps are amazing, but the new ones are just like how every other item is nowadays - cheap and the quality is not present like it used to be.

They've been using the same basic design for several years. To expect the 11-12's to be significantly different than the 05-06 or 08's isn't realistic IMO.

The brz's by most accounts are pretty solid amps. And they definitely offer a lot of power for the price.

I have a 25th anniversary edition I have had for several years. I really like the amp and it's stability.ill be dropping in in a car this weekend at 1 ohm on a DC Audio fifteen with Kerfed 15" port.

I'll post results. Or check YouTube and okcshottesthotboy on YouTube for builds.

They've been using the same basic design for several years. To expect the 11-12's to be significantly different than the 05-06 or 08's isn't realistic IMO.
The brz's by most accounts are pretty solid amps. And they definitely offer a lot of power for the price.
they are different. idk what crack you're smoking. at one time i ran the crap out of hifonics. after '10 i wouldnt touch them. the onyx amps brutus amps etc all of them. my final straw with them was seeing a setup Josh did with 3 r 12s in a blowthrough on a 1700 get whooped by my 2 12s on a 2k with less electrical upgrades than him and in the trunk backseat installed. . I will never stand by the new stuff like i used too.

The recent cost cutting on the maxxonics amps is apparent to me. For one, all of their mono blocks stopped summing stereo signal in the pre-amp section, just so that maxxonics could save a few pennies. This is a recent change, post-2010 or so. This seems like a non-issue for a lot of people, but an issue for me as my Kenwood stereo sends stereo on sub outs. Clearly someone sat down and thought "ok, let's see what else can we erase to save more money". I don't see a reason to buy Hifonics unless the goal is to maximize SPL/dollar. My favorite "cheap brands" are now PPI and Soundstream.

What is the general consensus on this line of amplifiers? $315 for quality 2400 watts seems a little unrealistic
Why don't you just try the amp for yourself and stop worrying about what others think? I have 2 brz2400.1d and they play strong and hard. I payed $330 a piece. There is no other budget amp better, not even Audiopipe. $315 is a steal IMO! I don't understand why people doubt this amp. I've used plenty of high dollar amps and some of them didn't even last as long as the Hifonics, but they did sound better. I wanted a Fosgate T2500-1bdCP, but it is cheaper to strap 2 brz2400s. It depends on how much you want to spend.

you think getting reveiws of something before you buy it is useless? you would buy a new car not knowing anything about it or reading any reveiws?

they are different. idk what crack you're smoking. at one time i ran the crap out of hifonics. after '10 i wouldnt touch them. the onyx amps brutus amps etc all of them. my final straw with them was seeing a setup Josh did with 3 r 12s in a blowthrough on a 1700 get whooped by my 2 12s on a 2k with less electrical upgrades than him and in the trunk backseat installed. . I will never stand by the new stuff like i used too.
Install is everything....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.