Opinions on fiberglass box

Participant count
  • Participant list

slapperz
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So i just got a a new SUV its a 06 Lexus LX470 painted silver and im saving up to install a system in their i got cleansweep already to keep the nav HU my amp and 2 12" kicker cvr's. but im split on decisions for a box. I was gonna have a box builder on this site custom make one for me ported at 36hz.

However i stumbled upon a fiberglass box on ebay. Yes i know ebay boxes are prefab and ****, but how bad would this box affect SQ and the loudness over my custom box? im willing to sacrifice some SPL for looks since i have tvs in the car and a fiber glass box would really make it look like a show car and really flashy which is what im trying to make it. The only thing that worries me is the box might be to small for my cvrs and the fiberglass might not be thick enough. What do you guys think?

Ported 2-12" Fiberglass Subwoofer Box Enclosure Gray - eBay (item 130301447647 end time Mar-16-10 13:35:34 PDT)

I agree on the prefab, The fact the box is fiberglass makes no dif. If it is built thick enough and not full of air bubbles its just as good as MDF.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.