Opinions on compact subs?

kfinn360

Working on my new setup in my Mazda Protege sedan and would like a sub for decent bass but one that takes up as little trunk space as possible while still getting the job done. I'm currently looking at JL Audio's CP108LG-W3v3 but would love to hear what others have to say. Was hoping to spend less than $200 but could possibly go as high as $300 for the perfect fit.

what size sub or subs and what are your goals ?
I'm looking at doing a single 8in sub, and my goal is to get just enough bass that I can listen to hip-hop w/o it obviously lacking bass. I want to use the minimum trunk space possible to make this happen.

hmm, I've been looking at 5-channel amps for this build and most of the ones I'm looking at are between 200-300W at 4 ohms. Also I was hoping to find one already in a box that has a slim profile. Probably should have mentioned the above rather than vaguely asking for the "best" one. I'm looking for something similar in dimensions to the JL Audio 8 I linked to in the previous post.

SI RL-i 8

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

hmm, I've been looking at 5-channel amps for this build and most of the ones I'm looking at are between 200-300W at 4 ohms. Also I was hoping to find one already in a box that has a slim profile. Probably should have mentioned the above rather than vaguely asking for the "best" one. I'm looking for something similar in dimensions to the JL Audio 8 I linked to in the previous post.
what is your max depth?

Jl 8w3v3 sub has mounting depth of 4.63" I seriously doubt you will be happy with one of these on 250 watts in your trunk.

Sundown E8 is 5" deep and good on 300, I would go with it over the w3 anyday.

Honestly not sure. No set depth that's set in stone. Just would like the overall box to take up as little room as possible while still producing decent bass.

get the dc or a sa 8 then ,i think the sa will need a bigger box to get your bass you want ,but again its and 8the dc has been tested and takes well over 1000 rms easy if its a clean signal .you'll also need a ported box ,so that will make it a bit larger as well

Honestly not sure. No set depth that's set in stone. Just would like the overall box to take up as little room as possible while still producing decent bass.
That makes things much easier. I hate dealing with mounting depth issues. I have an MR2 so I know all about them. If you are limited to 300 watts then I can only think of the E8, but do not expect to be shaking the neighbors windows with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.