Opinions on an enclosure

Participant count
  • Participant list

Snif1
10+ year member

So I just bought a Rockford Fosgate P3 12" 4Ohm (Newest Model) and I was curious as to what box to get, I listen to mostly heavy Electronic music and Rap/R&B so besides the Rockford Fosgate box and an expensive custom made one which are probably the best ways to go, what are your opinions? Also it's 600 watts RMS and my amp will only be giving it 450 watts RMS so it's not like I'm trying to win SPL comps just have nice, deep, loud and clear bass!

This is the box I've had my eyes on, in the manual for the p3 it says max vented enclosure volume 1.79 cubic feet and this box is 1.8 cubic feet. Also, is the box being "Tuned" just come from the volume of the enclosure? How's that work exactly? You guys on here have been very helpful to me in the past and I'm looking forward to having my curious thoughts answered, Thanks!

Belva 1SV12B Single 12" Vented MDF Enclosure - Sonic Electronix

I wouldn't buy that enclosure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif I would hit up double07 on here for a quote on a GOOD enclosure built for THAT SUB... if you insist on pre-fabbed though I would look at something like this - link: ROCKFORD FOSGATE VENTED Subwoofer Enclosure - RTBoxes Subwoofer Enclosures

I've set peeps up with these in the past on some lower budget installs and had pretty descent results with them (descent for a pre-fab that is //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif ) But honestly your best bet is to have a box built or get a design from someone on here & build it yourself... Tuning is depicted by the length, width, & height (Overall volume / area) in the ratio relation to the overall size of the enclosure...

That sonic box is most likely tuned too high (notice it didn't list what it's tuned at). And 100 bucks for that other one is too high. You can just about go custom for that. I'd look for around 2 cu. Ft. Rockfords rec. Size is too small imo. And tuned somewhere around 30-36.

That sonic box is most likely tuned too high (notice it didn't list what it's tuned at). And 100 bucks for that other one is too high. You can just about go custom for that. I'd look for around 2 cu. Ft. Rockfords rec. Size is too small imo. And tuned somewhere around 30-36.
Actually it's $79.99 direct from their site if you actually look //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif - But if you take the model number & search on Ebay they are always cheaper...

like this: 12" Single Subwoofer Box Labyrinth Vented 3 4" MDF | eBay - For $49.99 shipped

If ya wanna go bigger like Dad suggested you can look into 1 of these... - http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-CU-FT-CUSTOM-VENTED-12-MDF-CAR-AUDIO-SUB-WOOFER-BOX-ENCLOSURE-TUNED-32Hz-/200816329574?pt=US_Speaker_Sub_Enclosures&hash=item2ec1960366&vxp=mtr - I've heard good things about these, but for that price I'm sure you could be right in the ballpark of a quality made custom...

I should've looked further into the pricing. My apologies.

I like those mobile soundworks boxes. Looks like they're built well. 1 1/2" front baffle and tuned a lot lower than other prefabs. I haven't bought a single 12" box in a while but 120 sounds like a good price for that.

Hi, sorry for no reply I've been busy! But ok I will contact double07, on another note one of the local Car Audio shops here in Portland (Outrageous Audio) quoted me $195 for a custom box tuned to for the P3, do you think after all is said and done any custom box will end up costing me this amount? I'm handy but I don't trust myself building a quality box and $195 is spendy! So that 2 cubic foot box that NIHL8ION linked for $119.99 seems closer to reasonable, I just wish it was black! Not that big of a deal though, obviously.

Also one more thing I just read on that mobile soundworks page "Woofer cutout diameter: 11" round (oversized subs may require slight mod)" and the P3 is 11.25, will this make things more difficult?

Ok, well can someone at least tell me where to set the "Subsonic" level on my amp if I buy this prefab Mobil Soundworks box? spans 15Hz - 55Hz. I'm not trying to pester this forum I just know you guys know your **** and won't tell me what I want to hear so you can take my money like the shops. Thanks in advance.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.