Opinions on a system?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pataforce8
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey all,

I'm building a system in my Explorer that starts with a Kenwood KDC-X494 (Chosen for 4-volt pre-outs), to a Kicker KQ9 equalizer, which leads to a Kenwood X600F pushing 4 Kenwood Power Series 6X8's and a Kicker ZX750.1 hooked to two CVT10's. All the kicker products I already have, but I would like some opinions on the Kenwood stuff. I'm not looking to save money, I'm looking for a loud, clean system with enough bass to make the kids jealous.

Any horror stories with Kenwood?

Thanks!

inb4kenwoodisbad

I have a kenwood amp, it doesn't get hot or anything, ofc I'm not drawing full power, but it does just fine.

u mean kenwood x994?
i wanted it, especially bluetooth and all for $186 off amazon, but im kinda scared now
No, you can find the X494 on Amazon.

I think it's discontinued, but it's still the one I want.

That post kinda scares me too...but I think that a large company like Kenwood would fix a problem like that if you just complained about it. Maybe since I'm using the pre-amp outs it wouldn't be a problem?

No, you can find the X494 on Amazon.I think it's discontinued, but it's still the one I want.

That post kinda scares me too...but I think that a large company like Kenwood would fix a problem like that if you just complained about it. Maybe since I'm using the pre-amp outs it wouldn't be a problem?
should be ok then, people using the same model of the x994 minus bluetooth, forgot model #, are having no problems, its just the x994 =/

should be ok then, people using the same model of the x994 minus bluetooth, forgot model #, are having no problems, its just the x994 =/
Awesome. I got to play around with one today in my local Kenwood shop and I liked it. Pretty sure the latest models are ending in 5 now though (like KDC-X395) so you may be able to find the new equivalent to the x994 if that's still what you want.

Awesome. I got to play around with one today in my local Kenwood shop and I liked it. Pretty sure the latest models are ending in 5 now though (like KDC-X395) so you may be able to find the new equivalent to the x994 if that's still what you want.
thx for the heads up, do u know which is supposed to be the new x994?

thx for the heads up, do u know which is supposed to be the new x994?
Hmm...there's an X895 but it doesn't have the same LCD dusplay and I don't think it has the built-in steering-wheel control feature either....I don't think Kenwood has made an X994 equvalent anymore lol but I haven't gotten to research it fully, I just did a quick look up at school. I'll look more when I get home

time alignment delays ur driver side speakers until your passenger speakers sound waves hit ur ear, that way they both hit ur ears at the same time. supposed to sound better that way. so your the center of the sound

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.