Help with batteries...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Durry
10+ year member

Which one you would prefer the Optima Red top or the yellow top

my car is a volvo s60 2.4t 2002

they seem to be different types of yellow top batteries, the design its different or i dont know what...

which one do you recommend for a simple car audio setup???

heres the thing...

right now my battery its dying....so instead of replacing it with one crappy oem one, ill get the bigger one now...since im planning on mounting more car audio stuff to my car...

i only have mounted one Polk Audio PA 330 bridged giving "200 Wats" rms....to a power acoustik (i know a crappy sub) in a sealed box in my trunk

i was wanting to install some components but im in need of wiring...........//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif (using oem speakers )

out of curiosity why u so curious ??

Haha really? I'm not trying to intrude on your life just trying to help you out.

You said a "simple car audio setup." people's definition of simple varies; if you just have an aftermarket HU vs. running a sub and amp with stock HU, vs. new HU and amped speakers and subs... it makes a difference //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have a redtop because my battery died and no one near me had a yellow and I had to get to work the next day. Have a 7" Double din, powered sub and next weekend will be amping front comps. no issues here. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

by the way yeah

i have a aftermarket HU...the little amplifier, and the sub....but my battery its dying ....lol

i would prefer to buy them locally, thats why i want brands names and link to their website to see if they have authorize dealers or have people who sell them where i live

so red top worked very good for you....i think thats the cheapest option i have right now...but i want to keep reading from other brands and why other brands are better or cheaper ...

If I had had a choice, I wouldve gone with the yellowtop- people have talked about leaving their headlights on overnight and it still starting right up in the morning. I also read reviews of one guy who had Optimas from like 10 years ago still running!!! I'm certainly no battery guru but dayum...

The deep-cycle-ness was appealing to me as I like to go overkill with safety measures and like to have headroom. The difference was like 30 bucks and it was worth it to me- but NO ONE HAD EM in the right size //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I'd like to learn more about Kinetik and such though for the future.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.