opinions of the Digital Designs LE-S06 6.5 pre load

Participant count
  • Participant list
Wondering if anyone has any experience with these things.

LE-S Enclosures

Wanting to add a little bass to my daily driver without going over the top in cost.

From what I understand, it's tuned at 35hz .

Also, if I understand correctly, the woofer isn't the 506 or the 1006.

So I'm going to call them and see if I can get some information about the subwoofer itself.

These retail at about $200 so a pair of them would be relatively cheap IMO.

Just want something to pick up where my door speakers are filtered to quit which is at 60hz, is just the sweet spot that I found while setting up my head unit.

Anything below just doesn't replicate much sound.

There is a few videos of the LE-M06 which is the non compact versrion.

Seems to have decent output, not comparable to a pair of 1006 or Sundown X6.5 in a custom box, but pretty decent none the less considering price.

If you have some more info on them or have heard them, I'd like to know more about them.

Edit:

The vehicle is an extended cab 2008 GMC sierra 1500 which has an overly complicated floor layout.

There is 8 different levels of elevation under the seat and I don't really want to pay for a fiberglass box nor do I want a prefab box that doesn't give the 10" subs near the air space that they need.

Only .62 per chamber is available.

I'm tired of looking at options so hopefully someone has some good news.

I doubt you'll be disappointed in them. They do sound good. Not hard hitters but will fill in the bottom end nicely
I appreciate your input on them.

Hopefully DD will have some info on the little subs they put in there, I really just want to know xmax and or xmech and motor structure details.

If it's not comparable atleast to their red line 506 model, then I think I can buy a pair of the 506's and build some similar enclosures for them for the same or less money.

Maybe they can tell me which would be better.

SD3 SERIES
Sundown sd3 10" woofer. Needs .5-.75cubes so that .62cubes u have is plenty of space ported and sealed it only needs .4cubes
Those are actually the specs for the SD3 8".

The 10 needs 1.0 cu ft. Ported.

although I didn't realize what the specs for the 8 were.

I could actually do one on each side of the trans hump.

I seem to have gotten stuck on the idea of 6.5's.

I guess it's just something different.

From what I can tell, the SD-3 8 isn't yet available.

The SD-2 is still being sold with the same requirements.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.