Help with wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ireland

I have two 4 ohm dvc alpine type r's and I need them wired to 1 ohm. The box they are in has two sets of terminal cups, one for each speaker. Currently the shop where I got them has them wired a certain way that looks wrong. The right speaker has banana plugs connecting connecting their positive voice coil terminal to positive voice coil terminal and negative voice coil terminal to negative voice coil terminal. It then has a run of speaker wire connecting one of the positive terminals and one of the negative terminals to the positive and negative cup terminal on the right side. The left speaker is wired the same way to it's terminal cup. What has me confused is the wire from my amp runs into the terminal cup on the left side and the two sets of cup terminals are wired together. Is that really 1 ohm?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.