Opinions: Image Dynamics vs Eclipse components

Participant count
  • Participant list

Garrow215
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Burke, NY
Ok, I'm looking for a front stage for my Chrysler 300. I've narrowed it down to Image Dynamics ctx65cs or the 6.5" Eclipse set (I think they're SC6500, could be wrong on that number lol) Anyway, gearing for great sq...either set is gonna be run off about 125 watts rms. I have no way of hearing either set in person before I buy because I live in the middle of nowhere, and the only audio shop sells JL and Rockford. Sub stage is a Stereo Integrity Mag v4 off a PG Xenon 600.1. I actually was able to watch a video clip of one of the users who had the Eclipse comps and they sounded pretty nuts, but if anyone's heard both or can help, that would be awesome. Thanks guys!

SC6500's are great. I love them. Everyone that has used the SC6500 or the SC8365 has had nothing but praise for the mids. I have mine on HU power alone passive so the mids are getting roughly 10wrms:

100_0761_1600x1200.jpg

The tweeters are very similar to the LPG 25NFA's which happen to be my favorite tweeter so far. They are open and airy and very detailed without being harsh most of the time. It also just so happens I have a set of SC6500's for sale. Running active off of my old school Eclipse EA3532 (also for sale) would sound fantastic.

Dude, I was seriously looking at them...if I get my AQ1200 sold...which I still need to make a thread for...*facepalm*...I'd consder those amps!

Yeah that's the vid I watched on those. They're definately sick. The biggest problem is my indecisiveness lol. Shoot me a PM on what you're looking to get outta those comps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.