Full Range Componet 5.5 or 6.5's in a Golf Cart (it's a cool golf cart though!)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Timinator

Ohio
This is my second Golf Cart stereo install using an overhead console that houses the HU and speakers. I've been reading up on all your posts and recommendations and based on what you guys have said I'm looking at Hybrid Audio Imagine series in either the 5.5 or 6.5's. I'm not sure it I can get the 6.5's to fit, if so, I'll be going with those. Weight is a concern being that's it's all suspended from the roof of the cart. The 6.5's would be down firing in front of the driver. My HU is a Sony BT5700U. I have a old small SoundStream 2 channel amp which is 100w/ch that I can hopefully stuff up in there too. I was thinking of using the Imagine series in component form and mounting the tweeters on the front of the console facing back twords the driver. I honestly don't have room for a sub in this cart anywhere as it's 4x4 with a winch and 8 6V batteries. It's packed pretty tight. Am I on the right path as far as speker choice for a full range/component speaker? The downfiring 6.5" speakers and front mount tweets is about all I can stuff up there.

Here's a link to a picture of the console where everything is going.

Club Car DS Overhead Radio Console GolfCartGiant.com

OK, let's say it's not a golf cart, it's a Honda Civic. Are there better full range 6.5's for around $200 that I should look in to?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.