opinions about new setup(going active)

Participant count
  • Participant list

dontbeaprix
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Indiana
im getting a alpine cda7893 headunit and i want to run active. my current setup is a alpine cda9845 h.u. , a boston acoustic gta704 amplifier p owering boston acoustic sr60 comps mounted in q form kickpanels. and a infinity kappa 120.9w subwoofer in a sealed box. I want something better than the bostons, they are smooth , but my old morel maximo were way more detailed running off a mb quart amp. I thought about buying bac the morels and running them active or pick up some raw drivers like some dayton rs180 mids with some tb25-1166sj tweets. any opinions are welcome.

Lack of detail could be an install issue...

Dayton reference mids are nice as long as you like low xover points for your tweets.

Silver Flutes play higher and have been compared to the HAT Legatia as its "little brother".

Peerless mids are nice, along with Scanspeak Discovery. Seas Prestige mids get nice reviews.

For tweets, I'd look at vifa, LPG, Dayton, and Seas Neo.

i have heard silver flutes with lpg or seas tweets are a good combo, but most i have seen install the silver flutes they built a enclosure to get good midbass. The kickpanels are not sealed by far and would be to small for most drivers anyways.

An Alpine CDA-7893 isn't going to let you run active crossovers as it doesn't have that ability. Your Boston GTA-704 doesn't have the bandpass for the mids either.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.