Only 1 of my subs is working properly

Participant count
  • Participants list
Went ahead and pulled them out and I believe this explains my problem...

Attachments

• 635460B1-4472-4A54-87E1-3814E179A944.jpeg
    635460B1-4472-4A54-87E1-3814E179A944.jpeg
    972.3 KB · Views: 135
You should solder them onto that terminal you have in that one picture. I do that when installing box terminals so I know chances are it won't come undone like that and for the amplifier should invest in some heat shrink for those power & ground wire connectors and some tape over that as that is just asking for a short or something else to happen.

Also is this the amplifier? If so it "claims" to be 1ohm stable. Also what ohms are the subwoofers? And what ohm do you have them running at? Because that power and ground cable doesn't look all that big maybe 8 gauge? If you could I would run 4 gauge and depending on the rms wattage and ohms you are running them you can decide if you want to go to 1ohm if those subwoofers can handle it and adjust gain from there. Also I personally don't mount amplifiers to boxes because of the vibrations that it can do to amplifier. Some do and have no issues to me I just don't like the look of it since I try to keep the install as clean as possible.

You should solder them onto that terminal you have in that one picture. I do that when installing box terminals so I know chances are it won't come undone like that and for the amplifier should invest in some heat shrink for those power & ground wire connectors and some tape over that as that is just asking for a short or something else to happen.

Also is this the amplifier? If so it "claims" to be 1ohm stable. Also what ohms are the subwoofers? And what ohm do you have them running at? Because that power and ground cable doesn't look all that big maybe 8 gauge? If you could I would run 4 gauge and depending on the rms wattage and ohms you are running them you can decide if you want to go to 1ohm if those subwoofers can handle it and adjust gain from there. Also I personally don't mount amplifiers to boxes because of the vibrations that it can do to amplifier. Some do and have no issues to me I just don't like the look of it since I try to keep the install as clean as possible.

[/URL]
Yeah soldering then would be a good idea but I’m honestly not that great at it. As far as the power and ground I’ll have to stop and get shrink tube tomorrow for that. And I do believe the subs are 2 Ohm. I don’t quite know what ohm I run them at to be honest. I have them ran with 6 Gauge wires and the RMS is 400.
As far as the messiness, I completely understand. I have the box in my trunk so it sits up by the back of my seat and isn’t showing the messiness but yeah it would be nice to keep it clean.

I put everything back together and now there is much less bass than there was before I replaced the disconnected terminal. I don’t know what’s going on with it. All wires are connected properly

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.