Only 1 of my subs is working properly

Participant count
  • Participants list

Tylerrr01

CarAudio.com Recruit
Hey everyone, I recently found out I had a bad ground due to subs cutting In and out at low volume and not working at all on high volume. Looked at the ground and turns out it was melted. Replaced the ground tonight and now only 1 one my subs is putting out good movement and bass and the other is barely putting any bass out but still a little bit.

I run 2 Kicker Comp R’s

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

Are you sure its your Sub?
What amp do you you have running them?

2000w Lanzar Amp.

I have a 2000 watt Lanzar amp.
I ran the subs this morning and the both were kicking at high volume but the one sub still isn’t pushing quite the same amount of bass through.

I asked to see if you were running them in mono or stereo but I'm going to assume its mono so that would rule out one of the channels of the amp.
Is the box one chamber or does each sub have its own chamber.
When you open the box up do they all share the same air space or is there something sealing them off from each other.
Maybe post some pics

I asked to see if you were running them in mono or stereo but I'm going to assume its mono so that would rule out one of the channels of the amp.
Is the box one chamber or does each sub have its own chamber.
When you open the box up do they all share the same air space or is there something sealing them off from each other.
Maybe post some pics
There are 2 chambers in the box and a divider in the middle

This is the only pic I have. Like I said it’s divided in the middle. I can get more pics later on.

Attachments

• 754AF74F-1592-411F-A186-911C1913D52B.jpeg
    754AF74F-1592-411F-A186-911C1913D52B.jpeg
    351.2 KB · Views: 142
If it is divided in the middle then try switching the subs and see if the problem follows the sub or stays on whatever side its on.
If both subs are in individual chambers, but one moves more than the other, he has already narrowed it down to a sub issue.

Pull them out of the box and measure coil resistance.

What if there is a hole in the box or one the seals on one side are gone?
Would that not cause one of the subs to not run as well as the other one?
That's not a very likely scenario. Might as well check if one half of the amp's terminals doesn't measure the same voltage as the other half. That could cause his issue.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.