Online Business: What Car Audio Brands?

Johnny Drama
5,000+ posts

Banned
Dramaville
So I am working on getting this online business going.

I want to know, what brands you would carry or want to see. I would like to also hear why?

Remember, not all companies will allow/warrant online sales, so try to take that into consiteraion.

post it up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i've been actually been compteplating an online business. since it's online si and ia would be good choices, could always pair up the mags with the ia 20.1's. ever consider selling diy drivers?

are you going for more high-end stuff or widely-known brands?
I will have a good mix of low, mid, and high price points if all goes to plan //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i've been actually been compteplating an online business. since it's online si and ia would be good choices, could always pair up the mags with the ia 20.1's. ever consider selling diy drivers?
Shhh... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

DIY brand and DIY style(mix and match) products are a main product/price point I want to get into. Seems that is where eveyone is going now days. Look at my install...

Shhh... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
DIY brand and DIY style(mix and match) products are a main product/price point I want to get into. Seems that is where eveyone is going now days. Look at my install...
yea i'm using morel and lpg for my front stage, plus you could always market to the home audio crew

For the low-mid section, I'd first see who will actually let you sell authorized. Most of the low-mid brands out there, i.e. Pioneer Premier, Kenwood, Kicker, Eclipse, etc. aren't too fond of online sales, unless you're a very established, well known company such as Crutchfield. What do you have in mind, and have you talked to their representatives? They won't care if you're a mod on a forum or if you're a SQ freak. They want to know that they'll be selling to a good person with good intentions, not some wacko scammer.

Do you have a TaxID, Resale ID, and trading referrals? If so, PM me and I can get you linked up with a decent distributor for several companies...

Kicker-Buy in is ridiculous though...but if you put up the cash Kicker will pay for itself in no time

RE-Would be great to get an online dealer that had reasonable prices on RE...Also probably a high buy in, but in the end it will to payfor itself rather quickly with all of the RE fanboys

Alpine-Good decks, can be had through a distributor...look at AVAD distribution

Eclipse-Im pretty sure they are still factory direct...but great decks

Memphis-Cant beat the reliablity, plus a very very reasonable buy in.

SI-Great subs all around

Sundown-Just so you can beat Low-Hz's Price

Pioneer-Also can be had though distributors rather cheaply, and will sell good (can't think of the distributor we go through, but I will let you know when I find out)

These brands would make you money...not only on the forum scene but outside of it to.

Others I would look into

Rainbow-Speakers

Incriminator-amps

Aura-Subs

OZ-subs/speakers

CDT-Speaers

Audiocontrol-processing

Maxxsonics-Not the highest of high end, but would make you money

PM me or blake if you need some distributors info, or the name of the regional Memphis rep.

For the low-mid section, I'd first see who will actually let you sell authorized. Most of the low-mid brands out there, i.e. Pioneer Premier, Kenwood, Kicker, Eclipse, etc. aren't too fond of online sales, unless you're a very established, well known company such as Crutchfield. What do you have in mind, and have you talked to their representatives? They won't care if you're a mod on a forum or if you're a SQ freak. They want to know that they'll be selling to a good person with good intentions, not some wacko scammer.
I have been working on this for a few months. I have been in contact with more people that I had ever imagined. I wont drop names or brands until the site is up and running.

I do understand where you are coming from. I have run into that roadblock of the new guy and no credentials. An upside is the company I currently work for. A downside is again, I am just Joe that no one will vouch for. It takes time to build a reputation. I have all the time in the world to try and prove that I can provide excellent service at a good price point.

Do you have a TaxID, Resale ID, and trading referrals? If so, PM me and I can get you linked up with a decent distributor for several companies...

I just got the paperwork for the tax ID today. Resale ID paperwork is included in the large stack of paperwork sitting on my desk. Trading referrals? Explain...that wasnt explained to me when i met up with my business planner.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.