one amp going to protect?

Participant count
  • Participant list

soulnomad
10+ year member

i has free bikes.
i have a total of 3 amp 2 of which run my subs.they are all run from the same power/ground points but the amplifier that is going into protect at low volume has rca inputs from the other sub amps rca outs, thats the only difference.anyone had a similar issue or someway to troubleshoot this?thanks you!

one amp per sub,i had them strapped at first (amp negs, master positive to load positive, slave positive to load negative,switches set and rcas correct) and i had some polarity issues.now i have them one amp per sub wired in parallel my load impedence is .75ohm per sub per hifonics brz2400.1 have overkill sufficient electrical.

Try disconnecting the amp from the battery, leave it off for a few hours and then reconnect... its worth a shot.

Don't take anything to the Geek squad they are really worthless...

lol yeah i can check the board myself (elec engr student) im just trying to see if there are any common faults for a problem like this before i pull it.

I has a similar issue with my Mcintosh amp. I think it was because I had to jump start my car, I sent it in for service and they told me that nothing was wrong. It probably just needed to be disconnected from the battery for a bit.

i have a total of 3 amp 2 of which run my subs.they are all run from the same power/ground points but the amplifier that is going into protect at low volume has rca inputs from the other sub amps rca outs, thats the only difference.anyone had a similar issue or someway to troubleshoot this?thanks you!
I did, and it ended up being a bad coil on a sub..Pull the subs, and check them with a dmm..To rule the subs out first..Ill bet you have a bad coil though on one of your subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.