Old School

The Clarion 9772RT was on the front of CA&E back in 1991 along with 3 other decks tested. The Clarion came out #1 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

* To the 2 Mike's who asked to see pics of my set up..I used to have some pics taken by my sound off promoter who had a digital camera & they were up on his Competition site. Since then, the site has been changed & some old pics (including mine) were erased. I will see if more can be taken again sometime soon. I do not have a digital cam.

Tru and a couple of overseas companies use the old school approach. I would have no problems running Audison, Genesis, Brax, or Helix. I left a few other names out of the equation, but IMHO, they are great high-end products with the old school approach to quality.

Those companies are expensive and prove the theory of high price US Made car amplifiers and validate why lots of companies have gove overseas now.

Like Foxpro5 said in the other thread, if all that was available was US made, high quality products, all the kiddies on this site would be bіtching because they couldn't afford to put a system together!

I still run old school to this day.

I have used HiFonics VIII, Soundstream Class A, and my current setup, Precision Power Art.

Here is my front and rear amps in my 85 CRX: A300 & A200

IMGP2427b.jpg

Also running a black ProArt 50 to a single MMats P3.0 10" DVC Sub.

Nakamichi CD500 HU, Focal KRC130 front, Infinity 6002i rear.

Define: "Old School Approach"

Meaning building best amp as possible with current technology/parts availible? Regardless of price? Just making sure I understand what you guys are talking about.

Define: "Old School Approach"
Meaning building best amp as possible with current technology/parts availible? Regardless of price? Just making sure I understand what you guys are talking about.
If I had to guess based on the OP's other threads, I am thinking that he is inferring something along the lines of 15 year old amplifiers being better than what is currently available today. Personally, I don't see how that can be because there have been significant technological improvements since those relics were first manufactured. Sure, the basic overall class ab design hasn't really changed much since its first introduction, but I would be willing to bet that the actual components on the circuit board are exponentially better than what was available 15 years ago! Also, amperage draw per amperage draw, class D appears to be where it is at for efficient use of power.

People like gunz4me, my cousin, who pull that: "Let's see a Korean made amplifier last this long!" really crack me up.

I always find myself correcting him by asking: "Just how long have these relics of yours been installed?" and that usually shuts him up.

The reason some of his amplifiers have lasted so long is because they spent most of their lives in a closet, just sitting there. I don't know about any of you, but I think it is a waste to have gear laying around doing nothing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.