Old School Punch Amps

I had a punch 75 that was worked on by a local tech back in the day... He claimed that it benched at 125 x 2 RMS at 4 ohms. All I know is that it needed either 30 or 40 amps of fusing to keep from blowing.

Same guy modified another friend's punch 150s to output 600 watts RMS @ 4 ohms bridged. He had 6 of them on six 15s along with a gang of batteries in a full wall mini truck. I remember assisting with the cutting of the back cab and bed, building of the enclosure, and installation of the snug top. Ahh, the good old days!

Lastly, here is a modification to run a Punch 45 at 1 ohm: Modified Punch 45

I had a punch 75 that was worked on by a local tech back in the day... He claimed that it benched at 125 x 2 RMS at 4 ohms. All I know is that it needed either 30 or 40 amps of fusing to keep from blowing.
Same guy modified another friend's punch 150s to output 600 watts RMS @ 4 ohms bridged. He had 6 of them on six 15s along with a gang of batteries in a full wall mini truck. I remember assisting with the cutting of the back cab and bed, building of the enclosure, and installation of the snug top. Ahh, the good old days!

Lastly, here is a modification to run a Punch 45 at 1 ohm: Modified Punch 45
Every time I talk myself into selling mine I hear something like this.

Screw it. I'm keeping this thing forever. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.