Question about Capacitor

xKronicx
10+ year member

Hey, I notice that my 800w amp the power light will go dim now when the bass hits ever sense i hooked my 240w amp up. The 800w amp the power light use to not go dim when i did not have the 240w amp hooked up. I am thinking i am not getting enough power now sense i have another amp hooked to the battery. I am wondering if i get this capacitor will that fix my problem? Because i think i am loosing power.

I google the Big 3... My car lights do not go dim when the bass hits. The only thing that goes dim is the Power light on the amp.

But nothing in the car goes dim.

That is why i ask will a cap work.

I google the Big 3... My car lights do not go dim when the bass hits. The only thing that goes dim is the Power light on the amp. But nothing in the car goes dim.

That is why i ask will a cap work.
That question has been answered. Do the big 3. Upgrade your wire gauge and your grounds. This is all much cheaper than a cap. You should welcome that.

Well i do have a Legacy amp. That is the 800w and a Jenses amp that is 240w. Both of those amp are not good amps put together so therefore it is not making a 1000watts probably.

Thats why i ask if a cap will be fine. I am not worry about the the power light going dim but i notice when it goes does it loosing power and that is causing the bass to sound weaker.

Well i do have a Legacy amp. That is the 800w and a Jenses amp that is 240w. Both of those amp are not good amps put together so therefore it is not making a 1000watts probably.
Thats why i ask if a cap will be fine. I am not worry about the the power light going dim but i notice when it goes does it loosing power and that is causing the bass to sound weaker.
What don't you understand? You keep asking if a cap will help. Everyone keeps telling you no. What is it going to take?

What don't you understand? You keep asking if a cap will help. Everyone keeps telling you no. What is it going to take?
prolly gonna take him to buy a cap and realize it didnt do anything to help except wear the alternator out faster.

to the OP. DO NOT BUY A CAP. its a waste. upgrade your power wires. check your grounds (and remember you want BARE metal, no paint or anything sand that **** off). if that doesnt fix your problem get a bigger better battery or add another battery in your trunk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.