Old man needs advice!!!

Right now I would like to try to avoid electrical upgrades if I can get away with it. I am hoping to put it off until the second part of the build due to money. I realize I still need the right wiring and possibly a punch cap? Would you have any suggestions Im open to anything.

Dont use a cap at all money wasted. Just get decent amp kit and a big 3 kit. A 1200w amp and a single 18 would probably be your best and cheapest bet

Right now I would like to try to avoid electrical upgrades if I can get away with it. I am hoping to put it off until the second part of the build due to money. I realize I still need the right wiring and possibly a punch cap? Would you have any suggestions Im open to anything.
Best efficient system would be two sundown audio sa 15/18s on a soundqubed 1200.1, with a proper box, youll be very loud on low power. You will only need to add bigger ground wires aka big 3 which is cheap. Caps are useless compared to a small agm battery next to the amp. Cost the same too.

You should hit up @mylows for some dc lvl 2 15s on a soundqubed 1200.1. And 10x on this^^^^^^^ capacitors are useless compacted to decent battery and a big 3.

It is a completely different ball game than 20 years ago. I see your from roodhouse. If you grew up there and came to st. Louis for audio you probably remember hi fi fo fum, the stereo and speaker store, advanced audio and car security.... a lot of there demo cars didn't do what the majority of this board drives around in. If you drive down to alton, reliable stereo is having a sale on kicker c12's. They are 30 bucks a piece. Pick up 4 or 8 and you'll be good to go. That would definately be a wow factor for your sons ride. Probably wouldn't kill the lows but it could get decently loud. 240 in subs, 200 for amp, 150 for a head unit, 100 for highs amp leaves 300 for highs and wiring. I help the younger kids in the area set up nice well rounded systems on a budget. If I can help you out just let me know. As I did with my nephew, cousins and daughter. I set them up with a good cheap well rounded system, but if they want to upgrade they needed to work and save up the cash to do it.

Yep I sure did go there, that was the place in the day! sounds like I need to get to alton that's cheap on those subs. What you've said is pretty much what we are thinking, he wants the wow factor right now but I know that once he get that set up he will want to add later. I will check into reliable. I also wouldn't mind getting with you on some help. Should I post to the forum or is there another way of contact email possibly?

Ok guys after all the great advice I think I am on information overload and am a little over my head to get a true build done in less then a month. We have decide to start simple and gather stuff for the build a long the way. So first I need a Big3, Next we decided on the Pioneer AVH-X3700BHS, We have also decided to go with a pre made box for time being, should we buy the box with subs in it or separately? We are still leaning towards Kicker I guess I just cant let go. Component speaker system we like are the Kicker 41ss674 or the kicker 40css674. Our end goal is 4-10s and 2-15s in a custom box, we are thing a wall with the 4 10s to the front and the 2 15s to the back. He has a 2005 Chevy trailblazer. Let me know what you guys think thanks everyone very much. I forgot to say I was looking at the kicker 2062cx12k1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guys after all the great advice I think I am on information overload and am a little over my head to get a true build done in less then a month. We have decide to start simple and gather stuff for the build a long the way. So first I need a Big3, Next we decided on the Pioneer AVH-X3700BHS, We have also decided to go with a pre made box for time being, should we buy the box with subs in it or separately? We are still leaning towards Kicker I guess I just cant let go. Component speaker system we like are the Kicker 41ss674 or the kicker 40css674. Our end goal is 4-10s and 2-15s in a custom box, we are thing a wall with the 4 10s to the front and the 2 15s to the back. He has a 2005 Chevy trailblazer. Let me know what you guys think thanks everyone very much. I forgot to say I was looking at the kicker 2062cx12k1.
Don't use different sized subs. 4 10's and 2 15's at the same time is a bad idea

if your planing on upgrading down the road, why wast money now?????

dont buy kicker crap....

get the good stuff now, even if its 1 think at a time. you will save money,,time,, later....

this stuff is not cheap and if you buy cheap ( kicker ) you will be kicking your self.............................

and never add different size subs.. stick with the same size,,type,, say you get 2-12" now and down the road you want more... well you sell then and get 2- 15" or 2-18"

and dont get a prefabbed box.. not good and a wast of money.

and no im not saying you have to spend 10 grand . i have about 4 grand in my system. it just took me about 6 months to get what i wanted...

ask him what he wants... does he want really loud bass?? a good sounding system?? or ?? that will all matter .

you could get a nice system for about 1,500 to 2 grand .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.