Old car stereo amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

TKrysl

CarAudio.com Newbie
I found an old Sentrek spa-330. I know nothing about it or how to use it. I currently have some kind of after-market radio and all-stock speakers in my '95 f-150 but plan to replace the door speakers with some Polk Audio DB 652's. I would like to hook up this old amp but know almost nothing about vehicle audio systems.

I found an old Sentrek spa-330. I know nothing about it or how to use it. I currently have some kind of after-market radio and all-stock speakers in my '95 f-150 but plan to replace the door speakers with some Polk Audio DB 652's. I would like to hook up this old amp but know almost nothing about vehicle audio systems.

Basically, you'll be disconnecting all the speaker wires from your head unit, connecting them to the amp, running RCA cables from head unit to amp, and providing power/ground/remote turn-on (connected to radio).

The process is straightforward, if not always easy. If you download pretty much ANY amplifier install instructions, they will also apply to this one. If you feel it is out of your realm of abilities, Best Buy or a similar place will probably do it for a hundred or less.

You would be running speaker wire from the speakers to the amplifier and removing the 4 wires for the front speakers at the aftermarket wiring harness. Or the easiest way to do it is to get some Stinger 9 Wire the runs right to the aftermarket wiring harness and it comes with a 9th wire that is the remote turn on wire. It is setup for a 4 channel amplifier but you don't need to connect the 4 speaker wires for the rears. Along with a power wire with ANL fuse, ground wire to a good ground bolt with no paint on it and a set of RCA cables. Buy a 4 gauge OFC or Welding wire kit. Sky High and Knuconeptz on Amazon are decently priced with those items except the stinger 9 wire for around 50-70 dollars.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...