Okay, so, WTF is up with RE? Experiences?

SomeGuyDude
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Years ago when I was into car audio (2003-2004) RE was sort of "the brand". The XXX was an ultra-sub and they were this kind of unknown powerhouse. Then I guess in 2007 they were bought out and now a lot of parts are made overseas. Okay. Fine.

HOWEVER, I notice reviews of the products from areas divested from the chatter about outsourcing seem to be stellar. The idea of RE being **** now is like one of those things that everyone says, except people buying the products.

Does anyone out there still run RE? I'm real **** close to pulling the trigger on an SXX but it seems like that's heavily discouraged all over. I've googled this a number of times but it looks like it's more that people are pissed that they're shopping out to Asia rather than stacking the products against each other.

I've listened to some of the newer stuff RE has at a local shop... not impressed at all by them... listened to the SXX stuff just sounded decent at best. 4 12"s in a SUV on 2 powerbass amps.. can't remember which ones tho...

Compared to the pre 2007 models nothing RE makes comes close man... I would put my RE HC against anything RE makes today
Ain't that a shame. Suppose I might put my cash toward a Death Row or something along those lines. I'd always liked the rep RE had, and man back in the day everyone RAVED about the XXX. That was my DREAM sub. Oh well.

Ain't that a shame. Suppose I might put my cash toward a Death Row or something along those lines. I'd always liked the rep RE had, and man back in the day everyone RAVED about the XXX. That was my DREAM sub. Oh well.
You can still find them used. There is one currently for sale on here with a PSI recone. Sure its not the original but I bet its still a sweet sub.

Saw that, haha. I'm not ready for it though. My little car would need more than just a Big 3 upgrade to handle the kinda amp that'd push a XXX. For the time being I just thought an SXX would be right up my alley but man, it's like everyone's saying stay away.

check the classifieds man there is some in there... there is another new HC for sale in there

If you google Audiopipe subs you'll see all the guys who's buddy blew out their windows with them....

People who are saying RE is good weren't using the ones they made 7 years ago.

If you google Audiopipe subs you'll see all the guys who's buddy blew out their windows with them....
People who are saying RE is good weren't using the ones they made 7 years ago.
Not following. You're saying the old ones WEREN'T good? And what about Audiopipe?

Not following. You're saying the old ones WEREN'T good? And what about Audiopipe?

The point is there's a million people who have no idea what they're talking about saying that any brand you can think of is the best thing going. People who used OLD RE don't think the new stuff is good across the board, people who think new RE is great have never used the old stuff. Don't bother with Audiopipe.

LOL I gotcha. I figured about Audiopipe, just got thrown off there. It's all so **** confusing. I'm thinking I'll just snag an SA12 and call it a day.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.