Is it okay to run it like this?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Slayer16102

CarAudio.com Recruit
My memphis SRX 500.1D amp has screw down holes for 4 gauge wiring
The car has 0 gauge wiring in it with 0 to 4 gauge screw on adapters.
At one point I had a kenwood 9106D amplifier so they just put 0 gauge in. Now I only have a single memphis SRX 500.1D

Is this pulling too much power from my charging system and overpowering/overcharging my memphis SRX 500.1D amp?

I ask, because its a big wire supplying power into 4 gauge screw downs that is using these adapters.
Is it better for me to remove the 0 gauge and replace it all with 4 gauge wiring or does it really not matter at all? I just don't want too much power being pulled from my charging system for no reason.

Last edited:
Most people run bigger wire than they need. It won’t hurt anything and is actually recommended here. Those reducers work great but I’d recommend getting ones that are a little offset which will give you that much more space between power and ground.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...