Help me chose my next sub! SQL system that will be installed in a false floor

Participant count
  • Participant list

TooLowTooGo
10+ year member

2Low2Go
Jersey
I recently installed my MTX 9512 in my car and it is way to BIG for what I am looking for right now.

Pretty simple, I am looking for something with SQ and the Loudness for when I want to listen to some boom. I listed some models below. It is proven that in the past the Type R has been able to accomplish SQL, however it is more SPL than SQ. So I have a few options listed I am thinking about and am looking for your opinions on what to choose next. I have around a $120-150 budget on this and am not looking to spend more than that, also I will be running my PA 3000DB amp to whichever sub(s) I get.

The install will be in a false floor and sealed with the sub(s) facing up. I know most of you are going to recommend ported, I understand and I would go ported myself, but in this car I am not looking to do that. I am trying to make a nice clean install, along with some great SQL.

I am going to list some options I have so far -

(1) Alpine SWR 12"

(2) Alpine SWS 10"

(1) Eclipse 8010

(2) Cadence S2W8s

(1) Pioneer Premier TS-W2501

I notice that everyone likes SA8's and Skar Audio, but from what I've read these drivers aren't really SQ drivers. Also the price of the 8's are a little more than I want to spend.

Help me out and let me know what you guys would get...

I was also looking at IDQ's but I would need to get two since those perform better on lower power, and that's not in my budget right now.

I could get the lower end ID's and use my 4 channel bridged @ 170RMS to each 10" or 12", but I know that wont get loud, more SQ than anything.

I was also looking at IDQ's but I would need to get two since those perform better on lower power, and that's not in my budget right now.
I could get the lower end ID's and use my 4 channel bridged @ 170RMS to each 10" or 12", but I know that wont get loud, more SQ than anything.
Look for em used... check ebay or classified. I dig my ID'z

Yeah I've only ever heard good things about them, how many watts you running to them?
600w@4ohm on the subs in my sig (300w each).

I'm not an SPL guy, they get loud enough for my liking and hit pretty g-d clean. I need to do some deading around the interior of the vehicle, because everything starts shaking... tho

Right now I estimate about 300-450 w total they sound the best to my ears, again I have rattling from other places lol...

600w@4ohm on the subs in my sig (300w each).I'm not an SPL guy, they get loud enough for my liking and hit pretty g-d clean. I need to do some deading around the interior of the vehicle, because everything starts shaking... tho

Right now I estimate about 300-450 w total they sound the best to my ears, again I have rattling from other places lol...
Hmm maybe I will try them and just use my 4channel amp bridged. Each one will only get 150ish but from what I've seen from people, they arent power hungry subs and give off great sound.

Where is your rattling coming from? Quick fix for my car, I put the trunk latch as far down as it could go making the trunk tighter. Helped a lot with the rattling.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

very good as is most ssa subs, gets loud for a 300rms sub too, itll take a bit over that also
I'll look into them but my mono amp puts out 900+ @ 4ohms

Hmm maybe I will try them and just use my 4channel amp bridged. Each one will only get 150ish but from what I've seen from people, they arent power hungry subs and give off great sound.
Where is your rattling coming from? Quick fix for my car, I put the trunk latch as far down as it could go making the trunk tighter. Helped a lot with the rattling.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

I'll look into them but my mono amp puts out 900+ @ 4ohms
Rattling is coming from the plastic molding around the interior of the car mostly, that and the license plate.

I had a pair of ID 12" V3 in a sealed box on a 500.1 amp and they sounded so good with Clean deep bass. I miss them so much. My car was broken into and they were stolen along with my amp and cd deck. I have replaced the deck with a Alpine cd-117 and the amp with a sundown 1200.1 amp but I have yet to buy new subs, I think I am going to buy American Bass XFL's this go around. I think you will love them (The ID Sub's) if you are going for a SQ build.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.