Okay, so, WTF is up with RE? Experiences?

as long as they're installed properly, they can get loud. but the notorious kicker sealed l7 box kills me... as for the SQ win, they sure did it, but it took a lotta testing fo show!
And that's part of the reason kicker has such a bad rep is because ppl only hear them in crappy prefabs.

And any SQ winner does lots of testing. Not one Sq competitor dropped his equipment in, did zero tests or install perfecting and just won

I've owned and ran many, many Kicker subs and I think they're pretty good. Lots of people talk smack about Kicker because they "heard it from a guy on the internet" or "they sound like crap on youtube", most of them have never actually owned Kicker and knows nothing about their history.

Either that or they're the new breed of car audio "hipsters" who hates anything mainstream. I have a way to argue with them though because I know many internet brands that don't even exist anymore, and they've probably never heard of it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I've owned and ran many, many Kicker subs and I think they're pretty good. Lots of people talk smack about Kicker because they "heard it from a guy on the internet" or "they sound like crap on youtube", most of them have never actually owned Kicker and knows nothing about their history.
Either that or they're the new breed of car audio "hipsters" who hates anything mainstream. I have a way to argue with them though because I know many internet brands that don't even exist anymore, and they've probably never heard of it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I concur. I used to have 2 CVX 15's in a custom enclosure that was tuned like a prefab ported pos enclosure and it sounded like shit. I too thought kicker subs sucked until I got 4 and put them in a very large low tuned ported enclosure...wow what a difference. They got loud and sounded good. Was using 2 Brutus 2608d's at the time and they really shined when I swapped to 2 Crunch GP 3000D Pro's.

I concur. I used to have 2 CVX 15's in a custom enclosure that was tuned like a prefab ported pos enclosure and it sounded like shit. I too thought kicker subs sucked until I got 4 and put them in a very large low tuned ported enclosure...wow what a difference. They got loud and sounded good. Was using 2 Brutus 2608d's at the time and they really shined when I swapped to 2 Crunch GP 3000D Pro's.
My last experience was two 12" Solo-Xs... buddy wanted to "hit the super lows" so we designed a huge ported box to do just that. The setup had nothing at 60Hz but it kicks your eardrum's azz from 1~20Hz. I think it peaked around 15~18Hz or so.

My last experience was two 12" Solo-Xs... buddy wanted to "hit the super lows" so we designed a huge ported box to do just that. The setup had nothing at 60Hz but it kicks your eardrum's azz from 1~20Hz. I think it peaked around 15~18Hz or so.
peak res is looooowwwww. Lol Enclosure must've been huge and tuned low. My old enclosure for the 4 15's was roughly 23cbft tuned @ 29.5hz

peak res is looooowwwww. Lol Enclosure must've been huge and tuned low. My old enclosure for the 4 15's was roughly 23cbft tuned @ 29.5hz
We built the box in the car if that tells ya anything //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Here's us measuring up...

IMG_1856.jpg

Just finished and a shot from the trunk (Chrysler Concorde). Glue was still drying haha.

IMG_1865.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.