Ok so i'm getting some Type-R's... Need Advice

I'm getting two 12's... My delema is that I have the A2400db, which ratings are

4ohm 900w rms at 14.4v

2ohm 1400w rms at 14.4v

1ohm 1800w rms at 14.4v

Should I buy the dual 4ohm subs and run them at 1ohm give them 1800? Or would that be to much? Or should I just go with the dual 2ohm and wire it to a 2ohm total load and give them 1400? Which would be 700 each.. Well from my tests, it runs about 1200w rms at 2ohm at 13.8v. So would 2ohm be the best? Also they are being put in a vented enclosure at 1.75CF each sub tuned at 32hz.

id run them at 2ohm and keep stress off everything.. they will still get plenty loud

Well thats what i'm thinking also. I have the electrical, I just bought a 150A alternator, to go with my Optima and Big three upgrade. I just don't want to blow them ya know? Ah the Fubr's, loud yes, sound horrible though and really weren't my thing anymore. I got them tested a few times and hit 145.3 vented at 4.0C tuned at 35hz. Still they don't sound good, and i'm tired of them. I still have the amp though, which puts out awesome power especially for what I paid.

I have i dual 4 type-r wired to 2 ohms. Its seeing 700 watts but Im positive it could take more. Wire them to 1 ohm and set your gain with a dmm and you should be good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.