Ok a weird wire problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

deadmanrob
10+ year member

Ok this is a strange problem. I know this is more than likely not related in the least but thought it was odd. I took a left turn and took off through traffic and had the sub and amp that ive had in for a couple years now going. Almost coming out of the turn the bass stops... A couple of days later I check all of my wires connections pulled my radio ect ect. then decided to pull the woofer ,found that one of the small wires that run from the cone to the coil was snapped in half. Ok cool I found the problem... or so I thought. I put another sub I had, in the box and ran it for a couple of days. Once I went to the same spot I have to book it across the 4 lanes same turn left and all I gun it and boom the bass goes out... I followed the small amount of power wire that runs along the drives side back seats frame through to the trunk and pulled it away from the frame and the sub has worked great. I tortured it as a test for the ride home and it sounded great and didn't cut out once... I guess my question would be is there any possibility that when taking that sharp left and gunning it could cause the power wire to be pressed against the metal and it cause interference through the red wire casing?

Sorry for the long winded explanation

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.