Head unit interferes with trip computer functionality

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nate111

Hello,

I recently purchased an Alpine INE-W940 from Best Buy and had it installed there. I love the thing, but it interferes with a few car computer functions and I'm wondering if there is a different way to install it to restore proper functionality.

I drive a 2012 VW Jetta TDI, and when I attempt to cycle through the trip computer functions, it skips tracks forward and backward on my iPod. Also, I think since the controls for the trip computer are located on the windshield wiper control that it has rendered the windshield wash feature useless. I have no idea why window wash would be controlled by the car's computer, but it worked before the install.

Is this a problem I have to deal with? Or is there a way around it? I'm really dumb with car audio, but I'm not afraid to dig my hands in there if there's a way to fix it. Any advice?

The cars SWC buttons control both radio functions and the MFD. The Metra piece doesn't differentiate between the two. PAC and Connects2's piece require the MFD to be set to audio mode in order for the swc to work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.