Ohm's ?

Okay ~ I posted a single scenario which contradicts your quoted post.

Should I have posted more? I was of the opinion that the single example was sufficient in derailing your argument ~ apparently I was mistaken.

I'll go with you that the suggestion to buy more amp than is needed on purpose just to run it at less than its capbility is silly. We can agree on that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

But there's oftentimes so many more factors in any buying decision than that to really say whether or not the buyer should go through with the purchase is a rather difficult call to make. Has there never been an occasion in your life where you made a purchase based on something other than its specs on paper?

I came across a bit assinine and for that I apologize but the underlying sentiment in my post I still stand behind. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Okay ~ I posted a single scenario which contradicts your quoted post.Should I have posted more? I was of the opinion that the single example was sufficient in derailing your argument ~ apparently I was mistaken.

I'll go with you that the suggestion to buy more amp than is needed on purpose just to run it at less than its capbility is silly. We can agree on that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

But there's oftentimes so many more factors in any buying decision than that to really say whether or not the buyer should go through with the purchase is a rather difficult call to make. Has there never been an occasion in your life where you made a purchase based on something other than its specs on paper?

I came across a bit assinine and for that I apologize but the underlying sentiment in my post I still stand behind. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Let me put my suggestion in different words, maybe you'll understand my point better:

I suggested that if you only need a Ford Focus to drive back and forth to work, and never plan on doing over 55mph, why spend all the extra cash on horsepower and the handling of a Ferarri when the Ford Focus will meet your needs just as well? Sure you could use the 'to get women' arguement, but for the sake of this discussion, lets just look at the performance aspect of it. You'd be paying for all that performance you'd never ever use. Make sense? Nope.

Then you come along with your example of 'well what if someone can buy a Ferarri for the same price as a Ford Focus". Uhm, isn't it obvious.... buy the Ferarri. Never suggested otherwise. My point was wasting money, so your example of buying more amp for less money on some special deal really does not apply to my point, at all... because you wouldn't be wasting money. Now when discussing this situation in general, should we discuss this in term of the situation most of us will encounter (paying retail or whatever), or should we refer to your once in a blue moon situation?

You aren't going to get me to back down from the notiuon of not buying watts you wont ever use, because its common sense. I dont care how many one in a million situations you want to think up that would affect my point, my point still stands: dont waste money. If you can buy that Ferarri (or 1000watt amp) for the price of a Focus (or 500 watt amp), then GO FOR IT. But please stop confusing that with my point. Thanks. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Let me put my suggestion in different words, maybe you'll understand my point better:
I suggested that if you only need a Ford Focus to drive back and forth to work, and never plan on doing over 55mph, why spend all the extra cash on horsepower and the handling of a Ferarri when the Ford Focus will meet your needs just as well? Sure you could use the 'to get women' arguement, but for the sake of this discussion, lets just look at the performance aspect of it. You'd be paying for all that performance you'd never ever use. Make sense? Nope.

Then you come along with your example of 'well what if someone can buy a Ferarri for the same price as a Ford Focus". Uhm, isn't it obvious.... buy the Ferarri. Never suggested otherwise. My point was wasting money, so your example of buying more amp for less money on some special deal really does not apply to my point, at all.

You aren't going to get me to back down from the notiuon of not buying watts you wont ever use, because its common sense. I dont care how many one in a million situations you want to think up that would affect my point, my point still stands: dont waste money. If you can buy that Ferarri (or 1000watt amp) for the price of a Focus (or 500 watt amp), then GO FOR IT. But please stop confusing that with my point. Thanks. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
See the boldfaced sentence from my previous post:

Okay ~ I posted a single scenario which contradicts your quoted post.Should I have posted more? I was of the opinion that the single example was sufficient in derailing your argument ~ apparently I was mistaken.

It would appear that I'm not trying to get you to back down from anything but rather agreed with you!

Thanks for playing. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

See the boldfaced sentence from my previous post:

It would appear that I'm not trying to get you to back down from anything but rather agreed with you!

Thanks for playing. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Now you are just playing word games with me, aparently to save face? You clearly said this:

Now, are you telling me you were not suggesting my point was wrong with that comment, that you hadn't "disproved" it? You did suggest that, heavily, and your point was.... off base. Now you are trying to say you were agreeing with me...?
You misunderstood my arguement and went off arguing a tangent point I never made. Face it, its not a big deal. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Wait wait...whats wrong with "wasting money" on more power than you need to get the job done? I thought that was the american way!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.