Ohms Law problem?

Participant count
  • Participant list

o0tweak0o

My System is as follows:

2 X 12" Pioneer TSW306DVC 12 Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer ( Boss 2 Ch Blade Extreme 4,000 watts Car Amp blx4000 )

2 X 12" Kicker CVR comp (pretty much the same specs as the ones above, 400 watt, DVC Kicker 07CVR122 12" Subwoofers Car Subwoofers Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix )

1 X 2 Farad Cap

1 X Boss 4000 Watt amp from the old comp series, the Blade found here ( Boss 2 Ch Blade Extreme 4,000 watts Car Amp blx4000)

My particular problem lies in that I cannot seem to get the speakers "synced" (I know, not a technical term)

I have the two pioneers and the two CVRs wired @ 4 Ohms each- to detail, the negative terminal of one channel on my amp is hooked to both negative terminals on each set of subs and the same goes for the positive. So in essence, one channel driving two subs @ 8 Ohms DVC.

Now, according to my logic this amp should have more than enough power to push all for of these subs, and it does so far- but the thing is, it seems as if the speakers are not receiving the same amount of power.

the two pioneers hit VERY hard, so hard there is some distortion, but the two CVR's seem to be just barely moving.

What I am ultimately trying to do is "sync" or have all drivers running under approximately the same load at most time, so the force, or wattage is distributed evenly amongst the subs.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated, and let me give kudos where due to a great community and thank you all for taking time to look this noob question over. The search function is such a great tool here, but I was unable to locate an answer to this particular question.

I appreciate the quick reply- now could you be a tad more detailed?

Why is that amp so horrible? I will push either of those sets down to a 1/2 ohm and I have never had issues with heat or distortion.

I will be getting rid of the cap once I find a good sealed battery, just haven't had the time with work and all.

And it's not a good idea to have all four? Do they have to be the exact same subs or is there some other reason why I would have to run only one set?

agreed. you won't get the exact same output from the different subs. they have different specs, sensitivity, etc. however, if you properly wired the coils and each sub has equal impedance, the amount of power to each should be close.

make sure your wiring is correct. if all four subs are indeed 4 ohm DVC, you want them wired like this:

4_4ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

best bet, pick two to keep, sell the other two, and buy two more like what you kept. then, get a better amp and build a solid enclosure.

I appreciate the quick reply- now could you be a tad more detailed?
Why is that amp so horrible? I will push either of those sets down to a 1/2 ohm and I have never had issues with heat or distortion.

I will be getting rid of the cap once I find a good sealed battery, just haven't had the time with work and all.

And it's not a good idea to have all four? Do they have to be the exact same subs or is there some other reason why I would have to run only one set?
It's Boss. It claims to be a 4000 watt amp and might do 1000W. That's because it is stable at 0.5.

Caps don't help, they hurt you.

Don't run different subs in the same vehicle.

could you be a tad more detailed?
I don't think so.

Why is that amp so horrible?
It's a Boss. Boss is terrible.

I will be getting rid of the cap once I find a good sealed battery
You shouldn't really need either. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Do they have to be the exact same subs
Yes.

Misfit, your feedback is appreciated- but you really strike me as an elitist prick. Thanks again, no more advice needed on your end.

As for the rest- thanks a lot for the advice.

I thought I was making a good purchase with the amp, did a ton of research and am a little let down, but you live and learn. I actually just pulled the two same model CVR's from the four way enclosure I had, thinking I would get better performance- I was wrong. I am just going to switch back to the four CVR's and being research for a new amp.

Thanks again everyone for the prompt feedback, much appreciated.

I had no problem with what you said, just again, the way you said it.

I get everything that was presented here, you were just a dick about it, unlike some of the more helpful members here.

Friendly advice: Just kinda let the nicer folks point out mistakes to newbies that at least use a search function, do research and attempt to engage in a hobby surrounded by decent, nice people. Loose the elitist prick attitude. When someone comes looking for a precise answer your demeanor may put them off of what is (besides the lingering problem of your presence) a great and active enthusiast community.

But once again, thanks for the quick replies everyone, awesome of you all to help, it is greatly appreciated.

I get everything that was presented here, you were just a dick about it, unlike some of the more helpful members here.

Friendly advice: Just kinda let the nicer folks point out mistakes to newbies that at least use a search function, do research and attempt to engage in a hobby surrounded by decent, nice people. Loose the elitist prick attitude. When someone comes looking for a precise answer your demeanor may put them off of what is (besides the lingering problem of your presence) a great and active enthusiast community.

But once again, thanks for the quick replies everyone, awesome of you all to help, it is greatly appreciated.
He answered your questions very straightforward. Sorry if you can't handle...

I'll take some of your advice into consideration the next time I deal with someone that doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I lol'd. Used the search button and you didn't know that you should never run two different kinds of subs, that caps are worthless, and that Boss is one of the worst brands out there along with Pyramid, Pyle, and Lanzar (at least Lanzar has their "high end" line)?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.