Ohm load rising?

04tahoe

TN
Im running 2 alpine swr12d4 and a alpine mrx240. One of the rca inputs is loose so I rewired my sub's from 4 ohm to 1 ohm for when I change amps this afternoon. I noticed when I rewired it reads 1.3 ohm load but when i turn ignition on the amp receives power an the ohm load raises to 6 ohms. Gonna change amps after work but just wondering what could cause that

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

You rewired your subs from a 4ohm setup because of the loose RCA? Why not just keep it as is and crimp/sqwish that RCA terminal so it meets with your input. Anyway, you re-wired your subs for a 1ohm load and when ignition on, it reads 6ohm. Your amp is rated for 1 ohm stable so I'm under the impression that you should reassert your ground connection. Either that or you're reading your DMM wrong. Sorry if I'm not much help.

You can't measure speakers with the amp on

Even a very small amount of leakage current from the outputs will give you crazy readings

As long as the amp is 1ohm stable and you reset your gain (1ohm will require a lower gain setting than 4ohm) rock on

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.