Ohm Load affect SPL?

I ran both positives to positives and negatives to negatives, used all 4 speaker inputs. That should read 1 ohm correct?
Wrong, completely wrong. You need to read up on ohm loads, how to properly wire subwoofers and learn how to set gains properly before you blow a perfectly good sub. THERE IS NO 1 ohm load possible with a D1 sub. If you wanted a 1 ohm load you have to buy a D2 sub.

here's the wiring diagram for all possible wiring for a 1 ohm dual voice coil subwoofer.

1_1ohm_dvc_05ohm.gif

1_1ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Hell... Run It.. You will be ok @ that Ohm load(2.67). Just dont go below 2ohms and you will be fine. 2ohms is the lowest stability of that...
Hello I'm happy to have came across this forum as I'm hoping someone will help with this little bit of confusion I'm having and maybe save me some...
It also lowers the amps efficiency and raises the current draw.
What is the impedance of each set of terminals,assuming they represent each of the two dual voice coil subs (4 coils total)? How many sets of +/-...
Not all chargers are the same and charge and different rates. Any battery will deplete in that type of weather if you do not crank the vehicle for...

About this thread

RChillin

RChillin
Kansas City
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
RChillin