ohm ?.....help!

kottonmouth
10+ year member

my Dynasty is a dynasty
Ubly, MI
i wired 2 12" JBL GT's in parallel. What load will this give the amplifier. I have a Profile 800SX and I wire my subs parallel and the protection would go on every once in a while. I called the place where I bought the amp and they said that 2 4-ohm single coil subs wired in parallel give a 1-ohm mono load. I thought that it would give a 2-ohm load. Please help!

They must have thought about 2-4ohm DVC subs..........Use these formulas to get your impedance series: add all impedances parallel: (coil A times coil B) divided by (coil A plus Coil B)

if it is a two channel amp and you bridge it it sees 4 ohms like if it were 2 ohms, and 2 ohms like it is 1 ohm, That amp cant handle two 4 ohm subs wired in parallel if it is bridged mono. your best bet is to either get 8 ohm subs, or a different amp like a mono amp, or just run them stereo

That amp can run two 4ohm DVC subs or two 8 ohm SVC subs. When you run two SVC 4 ohm subs parallel and bridge the amp the amp sees a 2 ohm bridged operation which is like 1 ohm per channel. That amp is not 1 ohm stable, or 2ohm bridged stable.

kottonmouth- the jbl -600.1

is stable to 2 ohm mono only

and sure you can parallel wire your

2 12'' jbl svc 4 ohm subs ( for a 2 ohm load

to the jbl 600.1) give it a try

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.