Official "What Frequency is my song yo" post

oh noes!! they're exploiting the minor peaks too now!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif
A minor peak is where the note is there and is audible but it's amplitude is not as high as the main peaks. A main peak is a frequency with an amplitude that is at or above the other frequencies in the song. The peaks we are discussing are the main bass lines associated with the musical content. The reason they are the peaks is because of the other frequencies that are also present in the music.

Do you know how to read this graph?:

imagebox_1163564503_r51.png

well why arent u reporting tat peak in the 150 zone? that thing is shooting way up there.. how do u know i dont have my crossover at 200 and i want to hear some wangage around that frequency? and what if those 50hz and 60hz are representative of the KICK-DRUM instrument and not a bass line? what if the bass line that actually hums is a higher frequency that youre not even reporting? so some songs that have a peak in there kick drums and just might happen to have frequencies as low as 50 and 60 are going to sound like music to my ears when they are beating in the back of my trunk without any musical harmony at all? i dont think so,. i hate when ppl have kick drums pounding the **** out of you but their system doesnt even "hum" and theyre talking about thier **** is wanging //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif[/rant]

well why arent u reporting tat peak in the 150 zone? that thing is shooting way up there.. how do u know i dont have my crossover at 200 and i want to hear some wangage around that frequency? and what if those 50hz and 60hz are representative of the KICK-DRUM instrument and not a bass line? what if the bass line that actually hums is a higher frequency that youre not even reporting? so some songs that have a peak in there kick drums and just might happen to have frequencies as low as 50 and 60 are going to sound like music to my ears when they are beating in the back of my trunk without any musical harmony at all? i dont think so,. i hate when ppl have kick drums pounding the **** out of you but their system doesnt even "hum" and theyre talking about thier **** is wanging //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif[/rant]
150 is not subbass. If you have your sub acting as a midbass driver as well, that's your problem. Kick drums produce more than just bass frequencies and when I say, "bass line" I'm including every form of bass in the song - kick drum included. Bass guitars also produce frequencies higher than the actual note, especially if it's slightly distorted (not necessarily clipped) but I'm not going to post everything.

This thread is to get an idea of what material is in different songs. If you can't understand that and don't understand how it could be used, you might want to give up car audio as a hobby. Is this saying that all songs with certain frequencies will sound good in your car? Nope. Is it saying you will like them? Nope. Can it help filter songs that you might not like? Yep.

Noob with an RS, may i ask why are u even posting in here. This thread is full of useful information to those who care. Obviously you dont, so why bother? I truly hate seeing people who crap all over good threads. Im not trying to be an a$$hole or anything, just simply saying can this thread stay on topic. If you are not requesting a frequency for a song or helping others who are seeking the information just leave this thread alone. If you think its dumb, thats cool but others find the information useful

I was able to get a copy of J.S. Bach, Little Fugue in G Minor, on. my laptop.

Could anybody tell me what's the lowest note (frequency) in the song?

I can email it, or it can be found pretty easily using a P2P program under "J S Bach - Little Fugue for Organ BWV 578".

no YOU'RE the moron because youre basing your decision of liking a song by what frequency it peaks out at GG noob.. "forget having musical taste lets show off and make some noise come out my car yippee!!":laugh: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif as if more than half of you actually compete.. PUAHahahaha
you are a waste of life...

you and your hood need to go die in a fire

Noob with an RS, may i ask why are u even posting in here. This thread is full of useful information to those who care. Obviously you dont, so why bother? I truly hate seeing people who crap all over good threads. Im not trying to be an a$$hole or anything, just simply saying can this thread stay on topic. If you are not requesting a frequency for a song or helping others who are seeking the information just leave this thread alone. If you think its dumb, thats cool but others find the information useful
well i did come in here requesting some songs be scanned but i got some ******* remarks so i can be an ******* if i want. you ***.

you are a waste of life...
you and your hood need to go die in a fire
you're a *** too. i hope your car explodes like a bomb while ur on the freeway and your vehicle is blown to smithereens while ur body is projected from the scene in 4 pieces

Ludacris- Moneymaker, Splash waterfalls

Lloyd Banks- Til the end

Eminem- Spend some time, Rainman

Linkin Park- In the end

Twista- Check that hoe

Obie Trice feat Akon- Snitch

Jennifer Lopez- If you had my love

Lil Scrappy- No problems, Get on my level

Missy Elliot- Work it, On and On (during the first 20 seconds or so)

Lil Jon- Throw it up (chopped and screwed)

Sorry for so many songs..

**Noob RS....Why post here if you're just gonna talk sh!t? Nobody cares if you don't like the thread or think it's stupid, just don't post.

kthx.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.