OFF Brand amps, AND your opinions

670eddie
10+ year member

Well recently i bought a MTX amp and It was DOA, i sent it For an exchange and I got another DOA so now Im just Switching brand Names all together, Iv seen Alot of high powered amps for pretty Cheap price but they Are all off Brand names iv haven't really heard of and I dont want anything cheap so i was Looking for opinions on these Brands i will list below. basically If they good or Not will they last Long? will they performance good, or will they sound Like Crap.

1. Autotek

2.Boss

3.Power Acoustic

4. sound Storm

5.audio pipe

6. SPL (amps???)

7.Quantum Audio

8. DB bass

9. Bass inferno

Well recently i bought a MTX amp and It was DOA, i sent it For an exchange and I got another DOA so now Im just Switching brand Names all together, Iv seen Alot of high powered amps for pretty Cheap price but they Are all off Brand names iv haven't really heard of and I dont want anything cheap so i was Looking for opinions on these Brands i will list below. basically If they good or Not will they last Long? will they performance good, or will they sound Like Crap.
1. Autotek

2.Boss

3.Power Acoustic

4. sound Storm

5.audio pipe

6. SPL (amps???)

7.Quantum Audio

8. DB bass

9. Bass inferno
With the exception of Audiopipe, the rest of those amps are junk.

I can vouch for Audiopipe. I have the 15001d and it rocks. I did have a problem with one after about 6 months and they sent me a brand new amp no questions asked. They stand behind their products!

that's a rough bunch of amps u listed OP. What matters most is not the brand, but the internals and build quality. Sadly most of those lack in all areas. Audiopipe has proven solid, I believe power acoustik & quantum audio's highest amps are decent (though mismarked in terms of power ratings). The rest I would avoid

Soundstorm = garbage, same level as walmart VR3 brand.

Autotek = decent IMO, their older amps from the 90s/early 2000s were pretty nice.

Boss = their older stuff is good, new stuff is pretty much low-end to crap.

Power Acoustik = meh, but their highest amp model is okay.

SPL = do you mean SPL Dynamics? If so then they're good, if not then it's crap.

Quantum Audio = made by Audiobahn if I'm not mistaken.

dB Bass/Bass Inferno = same level as Power Acoustik, I think.

Audiopipe = used to be low end but now they somehow managed to make amps that actually performs. It is still geared towards car audio noobs but currently no one beats them in terms of value vs. performance. You'll have tons of morons telling you that's garbage though, just like how there are still some people that says Hyundai make crap cars when their cars are put together better than Chevy.

Yea, like dBr... what does that fucking idiot know about amplifiers, right... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

dB-r also won't touch my USA-2000X when I asked him to fix it, he only likes Korean amps or something... don't blame him cause Korean amps are awesome.

My AP works just fine since day one so I'm speaking from personal experience about AP instead of what I heard on the net.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.