OFF Brand amps, AND your opinions

Those new autotek amps are pretty solid, I got a chance to see the 4000 in action at a stereo shop today off 4 Memphis 12's, Its rated at 2000rms at 1ohm and for 180.00 shipped you cannot beat it.

All the rest you listed is meh.

I narrow my choose down to these

audiopipe - AQX-2500.1

Soundstream - PXI.2000D

Hifonics - HFI-1500D

planet audio - PX2600M

Crunch - GPV.21001

Crunch - PZA.2000.1

Crunch - PI.2000.1

^^^Hummmmm out of those... I would go with the Audiopipe or the Crunch GPV 2100.1, Crunch's Ground Pounder line are actually pretty good.

So now you can decide which brand you want to run, which neighborhood you belong...

My AP works just fine since day one so I'm speaking from personal experience about AP instead of what I heard on the net.
I don't need to stick my dick in a pocket pussy to tell you that it isn't as good as being with a women anymore then I need to lookup the part numbers and look at the internals of an AP amp to tell you its junk....

Don't get me wrong I'm all about budget amps... I've run pyramid amps and been more then happy... I've got a behringer in my HT setup... but in terms of this thread and quality there is no way I would rate AQ above the other brands mentioned... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Since you said AND your opinions...

my opinion is for cheap-ish, reliable power... go with old school high quality stuff-age. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

buuuut if you want new.... if it were me making the decision I'd go with the AP; I'd constantly be a bit more worried about the others.

I'd say they all **** @ss, like others have said audiopipe is the best of the bunch, for a decent low end amplifier I would recommend hifonics, I had to run a hifonics Brutus 2010d for about 3 months and I had it pushing 3 12" kicker cvx's at .33 or .66 ohms I can't remember for sure, but it beat the hell out of those subs daily at that impedence even though it claims to be only 1 ohm stable. You better have electrical to keep up with the demands of the hifonics though

crapsonix has put out more amp failures than anybody. all there amps over 3k broke, not a few, every single one.

db-r has a problem with any china built amps because you can buy a new one cheaper than he can fix one for so it cuts into his biz.

Looking for any amp that will produce 1000+ watts for only $300 is just not a good solution unless you are buying from a distributor or a ebay/craiglist solution. You might have better luck saving your money for a bit and buying something that is more reliable and you can get a warranty that is worth more than the paper it is printed on. I have heard good things about AP and I have a freind of mine that reps them for Florida and they seem much improved. I haven't used them since I sold them in 2001. I sold ALOT of AP and had little failures, but i was very cautious how I installed it so it didn't come back with a failure. Good luck with your search!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.