Odd Voltage drop.

Participant count
  • Participant list

locomc
10+ year member

RI
Hey. I'm having a problem. My voltmeter on my dash has registered a massive voltage drop. Everything on my system runs fine, but I believe that the voltage drop is real and not the effect of a busted guage. I think it is my alternator that's going, but I decided it would be a very good idea to consult others. Any ideas?

LococMC.

The alternator is probably correct. Alternators like to go when spring turns to summer--I just replaced mine thursday. And, alternators do have a way of going bad gradually, not instantly (anywhere from a day to three days).

Your local auto parts store should do a test on it for you for free. Do it now before you get stuck on the highway.

Nope. I know it's not the ground. I have 2 8g and 1 2g ground coming off of my batteries. I also have two Optimas so I know it's not them either.

OH, nope. All three of those wires go to separate grounds. So i'm set. I'm getting the Ol' alternator replaced tomorrow. Thanks for the advie amigos.

Adios

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.