Odd subwoofer "breathing" when sound stops should I be worried?

There isn't much flex in my truck. It is built like a rock. I had it metered and was doing 139 on music for a 30 sec average.. I need to mess with it cause I should be able to get to 145. I am guessing I am around 150 with the 21"

There isn't much flex in my truck. It is built like a rock. I had it metered and was doing 139 on music for a 30 sec average.. I need to mess with it cause I should be able to get to 145. I am guessing I am around 150 with the 21"
I get a bit of flex in my car. Nothing too crazy since it's just two 8's but at the same time the flex I do get is quite impressive for 2 8's haha. If you check out that vid u'll see what I mean haha. I get some pretty crazy flex on that song. Sunroof,winshield,mirror, and massive trunk flex lol. Didn't even get close to that amount of flex with my W7 in the same car.

When I first got my W7 though in my old 1990 sundance MAN did that thing flex like crazy. I could actually pull off a pop can trick in that car with just the single 10W7 there was so much air movement lol. Newer vehicles require crazier systems to get massive air flow goin I think lol

if its not bad recording, the only other thing i can think of is the RCAs might be bad
Did you watch the videos? Another guy here said it doesn't look like anything and not to worry. But u can take a look and give ur opinion on it if ya want. More people seeing it and giving their take on it the better.

Hasn't anybody else ever pushed on a sub in a box with two subs in it and saw the other one move a bit? Couldn't it simply be the way the air is acting with the sub inside the enclosure?

Hasn't anybody else ever pushed on a sub in a box with two subs in it and saw the other one move a bit? Couldn't it simply be the way the air is acting with the sub inside the enclosure?
Watch the videos I posted a couple pages back. Both subs make the exact movement in unison.

Alright hopefully some people are still checking this thread because I did a couple vids today showing the "breathing" effect to show exactly what I'm talking about so everyone can understand what I'm talking about now haha.
First video is the amp running directly off my Galaxy S III playing a -5db 40hz tone which I retuned the amp with the SMD specifically for running this track off the S III.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rz3yo0hmolk71pt/VID_00000004.mp4

Second video is everything hooked back up the way it was and retuned back to -5db with the SMD for the Head Unit. You can see the subs do the "re-align" in this video at about the 1:05 mark.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ew3jyb9gcxux22v/VID_00000005.mp4

Check out the vids and let me know what you guys think and if I should be worried about damaging anything.
Here it is again for those that don't wan search through the posts lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.