nyone mess with the ppi 365CS comps? $139

mcsoul
10+ year member

such is life
dfw
Looking nice for $139.

Bi-ampable passive crossover.

I'm thinking of picking them up to run 3 way with an 8" midbass.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17121_Precision+Power+PPI+356CS.html?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=froogle#

356cs.jpg

I have the ADS versions in my truck now,I love them.....They were pretty spendy back in the day (500-600)but since the PPI take over they didnt sell much and I guess they are liquidating them....

If they are anything like the ADSs they will PWN ! They look identical so it may just be a brand lable change

I feed mine 150w per ch and they are some of the cleanest comps I have owned to date with loads of mid bass and awesome tweets...

For 139 im thinking of buying a set for a spare....By comparison I have owned HEXs,eD6500s,and REs and they went off to the auction block

in favor of these

Listened to them a few times, but never used them personally. For $135 you'd be a fool to pass them up if you need a passive comp set.

Not sure if they use the Concept I or II tweeter, but they go for more than the whole comp set price on ebay from the A/D/S store.

Listened to them a few times, but never used them personally. For $135 you'd be a fool to pass them up if you need a passive comp set.
Not sure if they use the Concept I or II tweeter, but they go for more than the whole comp set price on ebay from the A/D/S store.
Fox,

How do you think these would do 3-way passive with the SLS 8's?

x-over at 400 and 4k, do you think that 6.5" will do 4k?

My alpine 3-way crossovers:

DSC_0289.jpg

FYI the crossovers are alot larger than most.....
the manual says "Mounting the crossover requires four holes in a rectangular pattern 2 13/16" x 4 1/4" (7.14 cm x 10.8 cm) on a flat surface." that sounds pretty small to me, my crossovers right now are like 7x5

the manual says "Mounting the crossover requires four holes in a rectangular pattern 2 13/16" x 4 1/4" (7.14 cm x 10.8 cm) on a flat surface." that sounds pretty small to me, my crossovers right now are like 7x5

that would be incorrect ....they are the largest Xovers I have ever owned

this should give a good indication.....Unless PPI is doing some weird ****

PIC_0117.jpg

these comp are really smooth and rich sounding . the tweeters are very calm but can get loud.

these are a diff sounding tweeter than say a alumi dome variation but for the price $140 or so shipped these components are a must buy.

Deff better than those pgold $40 6/5's, hehe

I replaced kappa inf with these in one car and jbt gt series in another and even tho both of the other sets where more $$ these sound just as good if not better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.