my door bass setup

raverx3m
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
new york
after seing the VW r32? doors that have woofers built in in the back of the door i thought about doing same thing to my integra.

theres just enough space there to build a nice bracket for a 6.9 woofer.

the only problem i ran into is my current component setup

i got sps-171a up front running off a kenwood amp of matching power.

the components are 4 ohm

if i add a 4 ohm woofer and connect it before the crossover it would be 2 ohm load on the amp and i want to keep it at 4 ohm.

if i add 8 ohm woofer it would be lil better but still 2.66 ohm total

if i replace alpine 6.5 mids with a 8ohm and add a 8ohm woofer after the crossover how would it affect the woofer

since crossover has a high pass built in for woofer so it doesnt go below certain frequency.

what would be the best option considering the budget and SQ somewhere in between.

tisk tisk...

did you even look at the space they ask for? or you just trying to run IB.. I can't see this turning out well if you can't even get the simplistic part of wiring right

hows that related to my skills of making it fit there?

you act like you know all there is to know about car stereo.

theres enough space, i owned the car for almost 5 years and took it apart enough to know about what fits where.

or am i not supposed to ask for advice?

since u seem to know alot can you just help me out instead of giving your opinion about my knowledge of car audio.

after seing the VW r32? doors that have woofers built in in the back of the door i thought about doing same thing to my integra.theres just enough space there to build a nice bracket for a 6.9 woofer.

the components are 4 ohm

if i add a 4 ohm woofer and connect it before the crossover it would be 2 ohm load on the amp and i want to keep it at 4 ohm.

if i replace alpine 6.5 mids with a 8ohm and add a 8ohm woofer after the crossover how would it affect the woofer

since crossover has a high pass built in for woofer so it doesnt go below certain frequency.

what would be the best option considering the budget and SQ somewhere in between.
please no. not in the doors.

after seing the VW r32? doors that have woofers built in in the back of the door i thought about doing same thing to my integra.theres just enough space there to build a nice bracket for a 6.9 woofer.

the components are 4 ohm

ok we will break it down...

two 8 ohm speakers on the xover with a tweeter I assume would not work well.. I don't understand why you wouldn't grab another amp and wire it seperately or atleast to another channel.. secondly.. that xover most likely is not a bandpass for the mid and if it is its probably not very steep.. that is what the hpf on the amp is for.. so idk what setting you would try to turn it too as most likely the hpf only goes to 50 hz and thats not much bass frequency..

best option considering the budget?? whats the budget?

lets start by considering how poorly your doors would act as a stiff enclosure. IB setup? Maybe, you'll still need lot of deadening on the doors. I can't imagine it to be anything near high powered. Why not just some midbass woofers that are capable of going low?

I re-read your first post, why keep the crossovers? You mention components, so I assume the crossovers came with THOSE component speakers. If you're going to be mixing them around, why put a limit on yourself by keeping them?

what i was thinking is to replace the alpine woofer with a lil better quality 5.1/4 or 6' midbass driver and use a capacitor to cut it off at around 200hz so the rest can be played by the 6x9 woofer

i usually run the speakers with no high pass. i dont turn them up too high so i set the bass upa lil louder. most of the time i have my sub turned off and just listen to the speakers.

i dont like the sub in the trunk i can never get it to sound right it alway slags behind

so im tryng to get as much bass out of my front as i can.

dont argue, thats just how i like it, i know theres different opinions about tha whole staging thing.

so the easiest way would be to add the mid 8ohm (with a cap) and add a woofer 8 ohm after the crossover since it doesnt have the high pass for the woofer. so in the end makinga 3 way with a lil bigger bass speaker out of my components.

would that plan work?

well right now they handle 50 watts of abused alpine speaker pretty well. there are no rattles even at the highest volume.

i spent whole last year eliminating rattles and squeaks one by one.

once i add the 6x9 the plastic door pannel will also be bolted to the door aroound the woofer. and yes theres enough dynamat and other sound deadening

I bet you would get better results with a couple of those 3 inch subs from PE. Mount on the dash or in the kicks. Making a pod in those places it exceedingly easier than having to work with the door IMO.

like i said im not trying to win an spl comp, i belive that it would work out fine for what i need it to do.

just had hard time figuring out the best way to connect all that together.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.