Which would make a better midbass?

All depends on what type of midbass you want? if you want it do go deep an 8" will be the way to go. if you want it tight with a kick to it you may want to go with a 6.5" but the tightness all depends on how firm the cone or suspension is on the woofer or the parameters of the enclosure if it needs one.

give us some more info on what you want and then people can help you better!

I'd run DD's I have a set in my Wrangler and it sounds like mini subs up front the mid bass is un real...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif but out of your choices the BA Pro's

I'm not recommending these, but Opti6c and Soundstream Tarantula have good midbass. I've ran the Pros and the midbass can't come close, but Boston sounds clearer. The Soundstream midbass is very good at 80hz. I beat it pretty hard and it didn't pop on heavy Bass Mekanik stuff. They make Rsd's mid sound weak. I think this is the reason for 3-way comps because imo comps with heavy midbass don't sound as clear as the others. I'm installing PPI's right now and I know my midbass is going to be weaker, but they will sound better. Re XXX are good for midbass. The SS and Lanzar are big paper mids with big voice coils and make most regular mids look tiny.

Not on your list, but if you can swing it, the Boston SPZ 6 1/2". It has 1" of P-P excursion, fiberglass cone, 1 1/2" VC, and neo magnet. They will handle a good bit of power too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.