now i understand why i don't go to many shops anymore

t-money
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Toronto,Ont
was talking to a shop owner about the 13w7 and vc's of subwoofers. First he tells me how the 13w7 is coming out in 4 ohm and 2 ohm svc and how dual vc's are no good cause you can blow a vc and will be stuck with only one vc working. Then he tells me how the w7 produces a special bass like no other woofer. I just listened and said o.k and i asked if the 13w7 had dual 1.5 vc's and he says not anymore they have single 4 ohm. I stopped going to this shop years ago and now i see why. Can't fugire out how someone can sell a product and not know anything about it. I really feel sorry for the guys that go to this shop that don't know much about car audio, they will be in for a treat. Just wanted to get this off my chest as i can't believe the crap people really try to pass

I heard JL subs can run off of power directly from your battery, no amp needed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

It's not all shops that have employees that are so sadly ignorant about the gear they are trying to sell.

There is but one dealer locally that carries Diamond Audio.

The manager of said shop is a fella named Tony. There isn't a single question about any of the products he sells, whether it be a mobile or a home product (as the shop I speak of does not only mobile audio but high-dollar custom HT installations as well) that he cannot accurately answer.

He's not only a salesguy but an enthusiast as well. He doesn't just sell the stuff his shop carries but he uses it too. He drives an Audi A4 chock full of Pioneer, Orion, and Diamond gear. It sounds nice to be sure.

There are some people working in the small private shops like that who are doing it simply to have a job.

This variety of individual normally could care less about the gear they offer just as long as they can give a suitable snow job and get you to buy from them. This type of bottom-feeder is normally well-schooled in the art of telling a prospective customer whatever they want to hear in an effort to make the sale. Ergo - telling some complete audio novice that he can setup an entire Sony Xplod system from head unit to amps and everything in between, and be dominant in the competition lanes.

On the flipside of the coin is the shop owner/manager/employee that does it not simply because it is a means to an end so that they might collect a regular paycheck but because it is a passion as well.

Sadly this second variety of person is becoming more and more uncommon but they do still exist. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.